Outta State Rotations for PCOM?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

F/A-18

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can 3rd or 4th year PCOM students tell me how hard it is to get away rotations in the 3rd year? Do all of the core rotations need to be in Philly? I believe I met a PCOM student who said he had 8 of the 11 rotations out of state, like in Texas and Calif. Can that be done and how hard is it to do? What do you have to do to do this????? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am also interested in this same question. If anyone can help us out, we would greatly appreciate it. ;)
Thanks!
Albah

I'm not a PCOM student, but I just did my core Psych rotation at UMDNJ-SOM with two PCOM students. Granted, southern NJ isn't California, and it's possible that the Kennedy Health System is considered to be in-system somehow... but it is out of state (if only just across the river), and I know that I've seen other PCOM students around. I do remember them mentioning that PCOM leaves you rather on your own in scheduling rotations- it sounded like there was very little guidance.

Anyway, that's what I've heard. I'm sure someone will pop up with detailed (and, hopefully, accurate) information soon, but I just wanted to let you know it is possible. At least for NJ. :)

Bests,
Paige

In 3rd year there are opportunities to do some rotations "Away", but I don't think any of them are in Cali. and your electives can be done anywhere. In 4th year you can do your electives anywhere with any physician. In fact, I think there is only like 3-4 rotations that must be done at Pcom's core sites. Hoped this helps.