OUWB vs. MSU CHM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dippindots

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has been comparing these two schools! The costs will be about the same since I received a small scholarship at OUWB. I was wondering what other people thought about these two schools. I know MSU would be great for primary care/family medicine but I'm not totally sure if that's what I want. Also, I think general student life might be better at MSU since it's not a commuter school and they have great athletics.

OUWB is risky since it's new but it seems like they've really got their act together, and I was very impressed by the Beaumont hospital. I didn't think I'd have to make this decision, but I was pleasantly surprised by a phone call today. :) I only have a few days so thanks in advance for helping me out!

Members don't see this ad.

Students at MSU get into many non primary care/family medicine residency spots. Surgery and surg specialties was highest percent this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks CodeBlu...my heart is telling me OUWB but I'm going to let this decision simmer for a while before committing!

My answer will be biased... especially because attending OUWB was never an option for me. However, many of my classmates were accepted to OUWB and didn't seriously consider matriculating because the school is so new. There are pros and cons to both schools, but I love CHM and I love Grand Rapids. If you have any specific questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.