OVC--University of Guelph c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charleyhorse

Reaction score
Hi all!
Didn't see a thread for the OVC for this year. Good luck all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
First time international applicant here… good luck! :)

Does anyone know when they're going to send out interview invitations?

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!! I haven't seen any update yet. Do they usually send it out at the same time?
Thank you! I received it through my Guelph email, not my regular email. I honestly am not sure about how their invitations work, but they are very nice if you contact them!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I received it through my Guelph email, not my regular email. I honestly am not sure about how their invitations work, but they are very nice if you contact them!
I got mine through the Guelph email as well! They gave a week time range for when the interview might be assigned to you.

for those of you who received invites, are you international students?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also didn’t hear anything yet :(
Fingers crossed for us buddy. I emailed to ask what it means if we didn’t get an invite. I’ll let you know what they say

Reactions: 2 users
Also a first time international applicant. didn't hear anything yet :( Following what the outcome of your email said!

Has anyone gotten their interview date/time yet?

Just had my interview. Besides having internet issues with the Kira platform I feel like the interviews are a little awkward since the interviewers just watch. Maybe better if they watched a recorded version of you instead. Seems awkward that they can't ask questions. Thoughts from others?

Just had my interview. Besides having internet issues with the Kira platform I feel like the interviews are a little awkward since the interviewers just watch. Maybe better if they watched a recorded version of you instead. Seems awkward that they can't ask questions. Thoughts from others?
I agree! I had mine yesterday. For VA-MD, they used Kira talent and it was recorded so they watch it at a later time. With that though, you could proceed to the next question once you’re done and you don’t have to wait the 5 minutes, so I feel like I prematurely ended the videos once I finished my first thoughts. With this, at least, I could continue on for 5 minutes and add to my thoughts.

I agree! I had mine yesterday. For VA-MD, they used Kira talent and it was recorded so they watch it at a later time. With that though, you could proceed to the next question once you’re done and you don’t have to wait the 5 minutes, so I feel like I prematurely ended the videos once I finished my first thoughts. With this, at least, I could continue on for 5 minutes and add to my thoughts.
It just seemed super awkward to do it in front of the interviewers. I wish they could ask us questions or at least acknowledge us more. Purdue was the same way-- it was an asynchronous Kira interview which made me feel a little better--since I was just a dork all by myself.

does anyone know if there is any trend to what day you were scheduled to interview or is it random?

International acceptance! - This may sound stupid but I got the email and the email said: In addition to returning the Response Document, please respond to this email to indicate your intent either to accept or to decline this offer.
Do I have to do that now? Or is it still the 4/15 deadline?

US acceptance- Has anyone received their official letter of acceptance yet? I received the first email that said one will follow but haven’t received it yet.

US acceptance- Has anyone received their official letter of acceptance yet? I received the first email that said one will follow but haven’t received it yet.
This is kind of a late reply but I am also wondering the same thing. Got accepted on 2/7 but never got a follow up email

Reactions: 1 users
Domestic applicant here! I'm struggling to find information on the interviews this year, since it's their first year with Kira Talent. I was wondering if any of the international applicants are willing to share some more details of the interview? Such as how much time we get per station, and if it's synchronous or asynchronous? Thank you! :giggle:

Just declined my international seat. Hopefully this makes someone happy soon!!🥰

does anyone know what the start date is or what the calendar looks like for the upcoming year? many thanks

anyone have any prep material or more insight into the kira platform?