Overall gpa vs. individual class grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlee8023

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much do pharm schools look at overall gpa over individual class grades? I got A's in all other pre pharm courses except for C's in Ochem I and CalcI..im feeling like im dumb .. the two C's lowered my GPA to 3.4 and i got a 79% on my pcat the first time... which doesnt bum me out too much since i didnt review for any of it.
oh and also, if the deadline for apps is on Feb1. how do the schools decided on acceptance? I want to do well in my spring semester and raise my Gpa..

Members don't see this ad.

jlee8023 said:
How much do pharm schools look at overall gpa over individual class grades? I got A's in all other pre pharm courses except for C's in Ochem I and CalcI..im feeling like im dumb .. the two C's lowered my GPA to 3.4 and i got a 79% on my pcat the first time... which doesnt bum me out too much since i didnt review for any of it.
oh and also, if the deadline for apps is on Feb1. how do the schools decided on acceptance? I want to do well in my spring semester and raise my Gpa..
Schools don't look at your spring GPA. The good news is that no school ever denied someone for a 3.4, they look at you as an overall applicant. That's a fine gpa, you shouldn't worry!