Overcoming anxiety/fear

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whathappened1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Would you be willing to visit your school psychiatrist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does looking at blood freak your mind as well?

Nahhh. Just text anxiety. I <3 that stuff.

I was thinking of visiting our school's "wellness center".. but I honestly feel like i'm at the point of no return. I will definitely go check it out this week, I mean, there's nothing else left to do, and I'm so sick of being anxious.

My current thought process: "OMG if I fail again, then I have to wait to apply, then I'm another year behind. And if I fail another time after that, I should give up on medicine. because bad mcat = no acceptance.."

Sigh. That and watching friends get accepted with ease because they're so confident/calm/

Google breathing relaxation techniques, specifically "the complete breath." It's an active form of breathing that can calm you down. You do have to practice it when you're not anxious in order for it to work when you are. Good luck!
http://cas.umkc.edu/casww/brethexr.htm

There are short-term medications you can take for a few weeks to get you over a "slump"--certain SSRIs, even, not just potentially addicting benzodiazepines. I totally understand not wanting to be medicated, but sometimes it helps in the short term, and if anxiety is the only thing standing in the way of you achieving your dream, maybe it's worth looking into.