1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Overseas Rotations

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by Nova2003, May 8, 1999.

1. Nova2003

Nova2003 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi,

I was wondering what the prospects are for doing a 1-2 month rotation overseas.

Possibly in a place like: England, Ireland, or Australia.

Thanks
    Nova2003

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 2003

2003 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Forgive for not knowing where I read the article, but I read of a student who went to Australia for a month. Note, in the countries you listed you will just be getting manipulation experience. Although, since all they do is manipulate all day you could probably learn alot.

4. Henry

Henry Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I have asked the administration regarding oeverseas rotation too. Basically, your responsibility is to present to NOVA the cirrrculum of the program you interested in. The information should be as detail as possible. Also, the hospital must have a training program for medical student.

It is possible to arrange for the overseas rotation, but you have to do a lot of contact and paper work.

However, I think it is worthy to explore medicine from a different culture.

5. spunkydoc

spunkydoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

if you are interested in overseas rotations, look on the internet under AMSA...there is a whole big long list..albeit, many of them are "missions" but at least it gives you a place to start..

there is a DO school supposedly opening up in israel and that might be interesting..there are plenty of rotations in S. America..

as for england, down under, etc..i think their version of osteopathy, as i have so far understood it, is more like chiropracty..

6. Henry

Henry Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Is the DO school in Israel a medical school, like what we have in the US?

7. spunkydoc

spunkydoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

henry--
    it is not open yet, but yes, it is going to be USA style osteopathy as far as i know..it is being opend by an east coasty DO last i heard..i do not know too many of the details just yet..some friends of mine there wrote to me about it a few months ago..