Overwhelmed w/ Admission decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yasha83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all;

I'm a new member in need of some help, if anyone would kindly spare a few words it would be much appreciated. I'm really excited so far since I have been admitted to LECOM-Erie and Nova. I'm waiting on a admission decision from UNECOM, and have an interview scheduled on the 15th of Dec. (!!!!) at NYCOM....I have yet to hear about interview decisions from PCOM, CCOM, and UMDNJ-SOM.....I have two questions;

1) The deposits ($750 and 1,500!!!) are due soon (Dec. 15), by which time I will not have decisions from any of my other top choices.....I feel either way, money will be wasted....do I just swallow my losses for Nova and Erie?...they are serious choices for me but by no means guarantees.

2) would any knowledgeable current students be able to share any pros/cons they feel are important about their respective schools (Nova or Lecom-erie)?

Members don't see this ad.

I would pick between Nova and LECOM and put down a deposit since you don't want to be shut out everywhere. That way you will def. be a doc.

Then as your other offers come in you can choose with respect to your acceptance. In the end losing $1,500 isn't a big deal.

sounds like a good plan, I appreciate your help

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it difficult to land a residency in an area if you went to med school in another area? I would enojy 3-4 years at Nova....but if I wanted to return to the northeast for a residency would it be much harder to get one, since I would be coming from a Southern medical school with less connection/affiliations in the northeast? and also, can anyone hlpe me ot with comparing which school, Nova or LECOM has better residency match lists and board scores...ughhh kind of lost here......

NOVA = MIAMI, LECOM = BUMBBLE**** - put the money down for NOVA, and get psyched about your other interviews.

look at the match for nova..it has places from everywhere...