Own bench space in preclinic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoF27

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My good friend who graduated from d-school a few years ago told me that it was very important to find out whether you had your own bench space in preclinic because there would be times when you would want to practice things after-hours and it would be complicated if you were sharing the space with someone. Does anyone know which schools make you share preclinic bench space? In particular, does Columbia (one of my top contenders at this point...)?

Members don't see this ad.

My good friend who graduated from d-school a few years ago told me that it was very important to find out whether you had your own bench space in preclinic because there would be times when you would want to practice things after-hours and it would be complicated if you were sharing the space with someone. Does anyone know which schools make you share preclinic bench space? In particular, does Columbia (one of my top contenders at this point...)?

For my school (UB): You share your preclin bench with a second year. During the week, you have preclin once a week for the whole afternoon, and they get it for the rest of the week....neither party is allowed in the preclin lab when the other has class.

However, after 5pm until the next day starts, you are welcome anywhere. You usually sit at your station first, and if that's taken (the second year who sits there usually gets priority) you can just grab an empty one, and if they're all taken, there's a whole other lab down the hall that's for any overflow people who need a place to work. :thumbup: :thumbup: So there's never a lack of space.