Owning a horse in PT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kirsts4

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Debating on whether or not to take my horse to physical therapy school. For those that are in the program, do you have any free time? Are there any current students that have their horse with them? Need some advice

Members don't see this ad.

You just have to arrange your time right. Not sure what a horse needs on a daily basis so I mean if it needs a couple hours a day it might be difficult.

Practice hippotherapy brotha.

Debating on whether or not to take my horse to physical therapy school. For those that are in the program, do you have any free time? Are there any current students that have their horse with them? Need some advice

Are you going to have the horse on your property where you are responsible for the feeding, grooming, letting out, exercising, etc? Or are going to board somewhere where they will take over some of those responsibilities for you? You might also consider leasing your horse or boarding it somewhere and allowing them to use it for some lessons (some places will comp part of your boarding fee - and this takes care of exercising).

Members don't see this ad :)
She would be boarded, feeding, blanketing, hay etc would be taken care of. I just don't know how much time PT school would allow for riding

She would be boarded, feeding, blanketing, hay etc would be taken care of. I just don't know how much time PT school would allow for riding

Probably not too much. But people make time for working out despite PT school, so if you budget your time well I'm sure that wouldn't be an issue.

I have a friend who is leasing a horse while in PT school. She's able to ride a few hours each week, but your mileage may vary depending on your classes and schedule. Alternatively, you could keep your horse at home for the 1st semester to get a feel for how much free time you would have to ride. That would also let you check out boarding barns if you decide to bring your horse the next semester (assuming you haven't done so already).

Stella’s barn is centrally located in Sparta Township in Sussex County, NJ within 30 minutes from the New York/Pennsylvania border.

horse boarding nj