1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

OY! Another Quandary...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by locitamd, Mar 13, 2002.

1. locitamd

locitamd Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Out of the blue I received an e-mail from a Director of Admissions, who explained that the committee was in the process of reading my application and they required some clarification. I e-mailed back immediately, offering the information and (long story short) we communicated both via phone and e-mail for a while. The Director explained that the person responsible for nominating my candidacy loved my app, but there was a red flag, which needed to be addressed so that I could make it through the ad comm when the time came. Again, I offered all info, and I got my undergad deans involved (per med school request). The last time I spoke w/the Director, he thanked me profusely for my cooperation and my attitude towards handling this added stress. I assumed all was great and I would receive an interview shortly. AHHH!! I was mistaken. It has now been several weeks, and I still have not received an invite. Anyone have any ideas? How should I proceed?

Thanks for the help/opinions.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

what school?

4. reesie0726

reesie0726 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Send a letter to the school reminding them of your interest and any recent achievements that you have made. Maybe that will help. Ask you ugrad advisor since they helped clarify your application. Maybe he/she can help also.

5. Doc AdamK in 2006

Doc AdamK in 2006 Now 2 year UB Med Doc
    7+ Year Member

I had a similar experience with SUNY Upstate. They kept calling me then 8 weeks later they put my app on hold. Over the phone they kept saying what a great candidate I was, I guess it didn't matter.

What I think is that they must send any red flags to a person on the committee. They will try to figure out why you were red flagged and get clarification. Then when they are satisfied they will send it onto the real admissions committee. They are probably going to decide real soon

So good luck

AK

6. locitamd

locitamd Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Wow, you guys were quick. Thank you.

Choker: I PM'd ya.

Reesie: As I've been out of school for awhile, having my undergrad deans get involved was a major hassle, and I doubt they'd be willing to intervene for a follow-up on my behalf. As for updating them on my recent activities, I'm afraid my only one has been checking SDN! (alright, I'm a big lugg). But I might just take your suggestion and write letter. thank you.

DocAdamK: Sorry to hear about Upstate. Hopefully they'll take you off hold soon, and hopefully I won't land there (but I have a feeling I already have).