P/F a science class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gryhu

Dom
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my second exam in my neurobiology class and I didn't do too hot :(

I'm currently taking a 17-credit load this semester and I feel like I got myself into a bit of trouble. The grading scheme for the class is terrible and there is no curve. Getting an A/A- in the class is impossible for me at this time.

I want to know if its better to get a B-/C+ in the class and bring down my GPA or should I just Pass/Fail the class? I would definitely pass the class, so P would be recorded on my transcript. Is it looked down upon by pod schools if I P/F a science class, even if its not in the pre-reqs?

What if I P/F it now, and take it over when I have more time, like the summer?

I used P/F before, but for things I was trying out when I was still deciding if I wanted to go into medicine or not (Computer Science & Theology).

Members don't see this ad.

I just took my second exam in my neurobiology class and I didn't do too hot :(

I'm currently taking a 17-credit load this semester and I feel like I got myself into a bit of trouble. The grading scheme for the class is terrible and there is no curve. Getting an A/A- in the class is impossible for me at this time.

I want to know if its better to get a B-/C+ in the class and bring down my GPA or should I just Pass/Fail the class? I would definitely pass the class, so P would be recorded on my transcript. Is it looked down upon by pod schools if I P/F a science class, even if its not in the pre-reqs?

What if I P/F it now, and take it over when I have more time, like the summer?

I used P/F before, but for things I was trying out when I was still deciding if I wanted to go into medicine or not (Computer Science & Theology).

I would not pass fail a science class. It looks kind of sketch and I'm sure would be brought up during an interview.