P/F curriculum and Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted600623

So I’m starting at a school that has an 18 month P/F preclinical curriculum (systems based) and was wanting some advice on my plan for integrating passively studying for step 1 throughout M1 and M2. My plan is to start AnKing day 1 and isolate cards as I go through each block, use B&B, Pathoma, and Sketchy as a resources for learning material while also going through my lectures for smaller details as needed. I would also use FA to read through while going through blocks to get a good idea of high yield info and use their mnemonics.

For my first systems block which is cardio/pulm and renal, I plan on buying USMLErx to use periodically as I’m learning material.

Would love advice. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Step 1 might be pass fail by the time you get to it, may not be worth the effort

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol wasn’t bragging at all but I see how that came across. My b. It is kinda pertinent info given possible changes to Step 1

I'm watching this thread anyway because I also go to a school with an 18-month systems-based curriculum. We take step 1 in third year though.

Oh interesting. Why 3rd year?

They say having a year of clinical experience will help put the step 1 material into context. Our school does above average on the steps so I guess it works. Seems like every school does above the national average though lol.

They say having a year of clinical experience will help put the step 1 material into context. Our school does above average on the steps so I guess it works. Seems like every school does above the national average though lol.

Oh I see. So when do you take step 2??

Dear Lord, I hope they don't make Step 1 pass/fail...

I know it is going to be a nightmare this year, but it's comforting that it seems to equalize things (somewhat) amongst schools of varying reputation/faculty connection along the axiom of hard work/time invested into Step 1 material.

We have the same curriculum. Most jusy staryed doing uworld during dedicated or 2-4months before so they could get 2 passes in. Seemed to work well for most. Me personally i just used dedicated to study for step, we took it in february of 2nd yr then started 3rd yr in march

We do it the same way at my program and i think its awesome. Plus 4th year starts earlier so you can get your AIs in or figure out your speciality if youre undecided