struggleboat

2+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Took 2 pass/fail grades (covid related) and 2 A's during the first semester of post bacc.
Schedule for 5 courses (17 credits) next semester, is this enough to overlook the 2 p/f grades? Will I need another semester of post bacc classes? Hoping to apply 2021 cycle

Current cgpa w/o pb classes: 3.1
Current sgpa w/o pb classes: 3.1
remedying 16 withdrawals, no upward trend, and overall poor undergrad performance. @Goro

About the Ads

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Took 2 pass/fail grades (covid related) and 2 A's during the first semester of post bacc.
Schedule for 5 courses (17 credits) next semester, is this enough to overlook the 2 p/f grades? Will I need another semester of post bacc classes? Hoping to apply 2021 cycle

Current cgpa w/o pb classes: 3.1
Current sgpa w/o pb classes: 3.1
remedying 16 withdrawals, no upward trend, and overall poor undergrad performance.

@Goro no this will not suffice. You can only get so much slack with covid-19. You NEED to show us that you can handle med school, and getting P's doesn't do that.

But what's worse is that you were getting B minuses in your post BAC work. That is telegraphing that you're not going to be able to handle medical school.

In other words if you don't improve massively, you are failing your audition

struggleboat

2+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
It's time to call it quits then and pursue another path that isn't medicine regardless of the outcome of next semester? As I cannot afford another semester let alone another year.

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
It's time to call it quits then and pursue another path that isn't medicine regardless of the outcome of next semester? As I cannot afford another semester let alone another year.
Your call. Best to work for a few years and save up money, and then go in full time for schooling, preferably at an SMP.

struggleboat

2+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Your call. Best to work for a few years and save up money, and then go in full time for schooling, preferably at an SMP.

Would 30 credits spread over the course of next semester and fall 2021 suffice? SMP's are really expensive.

Thank you for your time and input, I appreciate it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads