P/F on prerequisite lab courses - is it worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1030321

Hi all,
The lowest grades I will achieve this semester are A-'s, which will slightly affect my GPA. These courses are both going to be 1 credit hour labs (ochem and physics lab). I have heard that P/F on prerequisite courses generally isn't going to be a good idea, but I was curious on your thoughts about taking a pass on lab courses? Also, I understand that being A-'s, they will have a very minimal impact on my GPA, and thus this is not very important to me. If you all think I should take a pass credit on them because adcoms won't bat an eye at it, though, I will take the .01 GPA haha. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Of course, it would be better to get As than Ps on prerequisite lab courses. However, these are strange times, and thus I suspect medical schools will cut students slack for taking online, mandatory P/F prereq labs during the pandemic. Ad coms are composed of people who live in this world and understand what is going on. If your record would otherwise get you into medical school, I do not think that Ps on labs next semester will materially harm your chances.

Members don't see this ad :)
P = C in the adcoms' eyes.

Don't do it, just take the A-

Woah an A-?! Just give up. To make up for that you'll absolutely have to have a strong LoR from a MD, DO, DDS, OD, PharmD, PhD, JD, DVM, cardiothoracicbiologicalphysicichemisastroneurosurgeon that has performed a successful bilateral lung transplant and brain replacement surgery during the same operation on themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user