P=MD, the Most Glorious Equation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interesting... did you pick your handle to be intentionally misleading?
IM does not stand for Internal Medicine in his handle. lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Once you apply to the match and onwards, you'll see why. Residency programs are very much known to peruse the SDN forums even private messaging certain people not to bad mouth their program, even if it's the truth --> See the Cleveland Clinic IM thread.

My dean quoted threads I've been active in and posts I've responded to verbatim in a class meeting during first year. Makes you think twice about maintaining strict anonymity.

With the traffic on this site and relatively small medical community, it's not surprising deans and PDs take a peek every now and again. I know I would if I had that role in the future.

Reactions: 1 user
My dean quoted threads I've been active in and posts I've responded to verbatim in a class meeting during first year. Makes you think twice about maintaining strict anonymity.

With the traffic on this site and relatively small medical community, it's not surprising deans and PDs take a peek every now and again. I know I would if I had that role in the future.
I had a certain medical school administrator PM me bc I posted one of their images in a thread that showed up on Bing Images, and asked me (nicely) to remove it.
Medical schools will very much peruse their online reputation and what people are saying. It's called PR on their part. You can bet this is very much the norm esp. at lower ranked schools who need applicants, and esp. with these new med schools popping up. So don't you dare talk bad about the College of Henricopolis School of Medicine!

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't know we were dating.

I don't think he's really a resident. he's on here 24/7, either that or he just goes to work and spends all his free time on SDN. Kinda sad honestly.

I mean I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption to make. That said I did think that the "O" in ROAD stood for ortho for years until I was called out by like 5 people here. lol
Yes, very reasonable. That's why it's funny bc when he gives advice, certain people who think he is being "mean" are wondering why bc he's in IM. Then they're told he's in Surgery, and then it's like "Ohh!! Ok.".

Well ROAD is the mnemonic for controlled lifestyle specialties - Ortho is hardly that (much less any Surgical specialty). Of course, if you go to the Anesthesiology forum, they'll think you're nuts for saying that about Anesthesiology.

I don't think he's really a resident. he's on here 24/7, either that or he just goes to work and spends all his free time on SDN. Kinda sad honestly.
You know what's even more sad? The constant chip (more like boulder at this point) on your shoulder that you have on every aspect of your life and when you don't like when someone else calls you out on it, you tell them "Reported". That and your sage and credentialed opinion on specialties like Derm and the Path job market.

Edit: Oh, and of your incessant whining and complaining this early in the game but that's a given.

I mean I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption to make. That said I did think that the "O" in ROAD stood for ortho for years until I was called out by like 5 people here. lol

It's a reasonable assumption really. Just I didn't have much foresight when I was coming up with a handle and stuff like southerndoc was taken already

I debated asking the board ops if I could change it for a while, or putting like an avatar with a scalpel in it or something, before just accepting that it wasn't that big a deal.

Pretty sure O stands for ophtho.

EDIT: Nvm I misread what you wrote. :smack: It's been a long day. Crawling to bed now :p

Reactions: 1 users
It's a reasonable assumption really. Just I didn't have much foresight when I was coming up with a handle and stuff like southerndoc was taken already

I debated asking the board ops if I could change it for a while, or putting like an avatar with a scalpel in it or something, before just accepting that it wasn't that big a deal.

I think the only way to change your handle is by donating, but I could be wrong. If anything it gives you some additional amount of superficial anonymity.

I'm pretty sure my ability to English is slowly going out the window. Also math.

It's even funnier when you use medical verbiage in normal talk. "She was late to dinner secondary to ...." I think you also meant ability to use English. lol.