P/NP Research Units

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iusesharpies

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently getting pass/no pass research units and intend to stay with this lab for the remainder of undergrad. This means that each semester I will have 4 units ungraded and only 3 graded classes. Is this somehow a red flag? I am unsure about whether this means I should have a full *graded* courseload each semester in addition to my research units. Also, I can still finish the prereqs in addition to my major requirements in 4 years with the research units included as part of a full courseload. Is anyone else in this position or have any advice? Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

P/NP credit for research is fine, although usually getting a few units of A in your research elective is a nice way to bring up your GPA.

P/NP credit for research is fine, although usually getting a few units of A in your research elective is a nice way to bring up your GPA.

Yea... I wish my school offered research units for grades. But, you don't think it's a problem that I will have consistent P/NP credits?