• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

[PA School] How many HCE hours before I apply?

Mistersmoove

Jun 24, 2015
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hey guys! This forum actually has been a very big help in the past, and I'm thankful for whoever contributed! I was previously on a DO route, but change to a PA route because it matches me more.

My question : "How many hours of Medical Scribing should I do before applying?"

I'm going to keep some things a bit vague so that I don't have to edit this post later...Also, I wrote the hours of each activity, but note that NONE of them are HCE besides for Scribing!....(so basically, hours are pointless)

Here are my stats:
    I'm 23
    3.3 GPA, science major.
    Coached for sport as a main job while studying and doing all this. [4+ years]
    Volunteer Research Assistant in Neuro lab (With name on published paper). I had very important roles in this lab [400 hours]
    Volunteer Research Assistant in Anthropology lab. [100 hours]
    Volunteer in ED, mostly clerical work. [150 hours]
    Shadow PA in ED [20 hours]
    Shadow PA in Pediatrics [20 hours]
    Shadow PA in Surgery [20 hours]
    *Note: these are the 3 different PA routes that I was interested in, so it was all planned! >:)
    Scribing [???? hours] <----This is pretty much my only HCE!!!

Recommendation letters are from (MD, MD, PA). All of whom have had a great experience working alongside me.

So...How many hours of scribing do you guys think I should get before I apply? Should I give it a shot at 500? wait till 1000? maybe I only have a shot at 2000? 3000?

Appreciate the read!

About the Ads
    This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.