Pacific IDS 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umeboshi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who are attending Pacific this coming July, I thought we should also start a thread or yahoo group to intro ourselves and talk about various issues ie loans, accom, etc...

Hope to hear from you guys!
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Pacificers,

Talking about loans, I know a few that we can look into, compare and share the details. They are:
1) Chase Manhattan Education Loan
2) Access group loans - Dental Access, Signature Access & Comprehensive Access
3) CitiAssist Education Loan
4) Sallie Mae
5) TERI loans

The IDS office will start sending out an admissions packet, which will include breakdown of tuition and costs, housing applications, health insurance, laptop and more, starting in April. They will work on all alternative loans with us.

About accomodation, lets try to figure out what are our options, by looking up if they have any IDS yahoo group or lets start contacting the present/past IDS students and ask them.

Please chip in here with whatever you lay your hands on. Any input will be appreciated.

Regards,
HGL:)

UOP sucks hecka discrimination as an international dentist. One of my classmate had to drop out bcoz he was getting bullied by the clinic instructors on the clinic floor. I might be the only one saying that outloud but its there. For people who are attending good luck. They discriminate in their admission process tooo. Good luck and thanks for reading.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to keep track of the enrollment process at UOP IDP 2009
I just have received the form from Financial Services for the loan. I assume they will be sending the housing package soon since the draw for the apartments is in April. Did someone receive something else?
If I want to apply for the 2 bedroom apartment can I choose my roomate or they choose it for me ?
About loans I thinki kthe cheapest we can find is around 8% I still need to look more on this did someone find a lower rate?
To be continued.....

Will you be living with your husband? so from the 22 there is one less girl looking for a roomate. HGL you are a boy ....Maybe it would be good is all hte girls and boy slooking for roomate post it here so we can have a better idea how to organize ourselves in groups. by the way How do I sign in in hte Yahoo group?
Also is the lap top of our property or we ned to return it at graduation time?

Im assuming you are referring to me when you asked this ques? Yes I plan to live with him. I am unaware of the Pacific housing lottery that you mentioned and would appreciate if you can provide more info. In any ways, I have created a yahoo group for us entering Pacific IDS. Please give me your email adds and I will add you to the group. I hope to see you guys there!!

Will you be living withyour husband? so from the 22 there is one less girl looking for a roomate. HGL you are a boy ....Maybe it would be good is all hte girls and boy slooking for roomate post it here so we can have a better idea how to organize ourselves in groups. by the way How do I sign in in hte Yahoo group?
Also is the lap top of our property or we ned to return it at graduation time?

hi pacificers,

i'm one of ur future classmates...nice to have this thread going...can you guys please tell me what exactly are u doing about the loans...after reading the post i went thru the websites of all the above mentioned lenders...but r u actually getting quotes from these lenders or are u applying already..becoz i was under the impression that this process would begin in april after we have the tution and expenses figures from the school...so i wud really appreciate if u guys can educate me on this..coz looks like i don't know much....thanks..:)

Umeboshi: I just know that there is this lottery to shoose who will be getting the UOP apartments. I do not know anything else. If someone knows something please post it.
Doctor 123 I think we need to wait for UOP to tell us the exact quantity we will borrow nobody can apply right now since we do not how much it will be for this year (usually it goes up 5% per year) I assume UOP will be sending the papers in different dates according with what they need. I assume they will also ask for a medical test and vaccines which they will let us know later. Are you a girl or a boy? I have heard that in this class there will be more variety of nationalities than in other years.
Also I know that UOP forces you to get their blue cross health insurance even if you already have 1. I have my own insurance and I guess I will end up paying double insurance at least for this year. Next year I just will keep the UOP insurance. Does somebody knows if the UOP insurance is a good one? Lets keep posting any news.....

Hi folks, it's been awhile since I checked SDN, I'm in the 08 class, and would like to welcome you all .... and provide as much help as I can .... go ahead and PM me if you are interested so I can give you my email address, feel free to ask any questions....

PACIFIC rocks !!! :thumbup:

Here is the link for a Yahoo Group where we can get to know each other.

I know we are the class of 2009 but I do not know who chose the name. Anyway if someone knows how to change it it would be good. Please go to this link http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pacificIDS/ you just need to sign up with a yahoo address.
Hey umeboshi I guess thi is the same yahoo group you started? I know there are 2 members counting me now. Also I am not sure if you can just go to link and sign up or a moderator like kilani or someone else needs to give us the check ?

Hi everyone...
Count me in too...got an email from Warren today ...I have been accepted ...

Thanks for the thread.Congrats to all. I am also accepted for Pacific IDS - 2009. Warren called to inform.