Pacific U - Roll Call and Info thread...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how long should we wait before we contact them to find out about our status?

Members don't see this ad.

how long should we wait before we contact them to find out about our status?

i dont know. mail came today, but no pacific letter. why arent we getting anything? anyone else in the same boat?

Rushed home to my mailbox today, and STILL nothing.... I'm starting to fear for the worst. Good to know I'm not alone though.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is somewhat good news for everyone who is waiting for a decision. I got accepted to pacific university after waiting for 2 months. I will not be declining it because I have already set my mind on going to Midwestern CPG. :) Good luck to everyone who is still waiting on a decision!!!

This is somewhat good news for everyone who is waiting for a decision. I got accepted to pacific university after waiting for 2 months. I will not be declining it because I have already set my mind on going to Midwestern CPG. :) Good luck to everyone who is still waiting on a decision!!!

Congrats on the acceptance! And.. I think you meant that you will be declining, right? Best of luck, wherever it is you decide to go. Did you receive this today in the mail?

Did ANYONE from Southern California receive anything yet........

I've been waiting for two & a half months already. Just emailed Jon-Erik today & here's what I got: "We are almost through our committee meetings. We thought we could get out all information last week, but we could not. This week we are very busy with ACPE. Our plan is to get out the rest of the information next week."
We'll have to wait for another week I guess! :rolleyes:

hahah yea i'll be declining...sorry for the confusion!!!

I did not get anything in the mail today either..:(

hahah yea i'll be declining...sorry for the confusion!!!

No problemo. aboveliquid would LOVE to get your spot. If you don't mind, any particular reason(s) why your choosing midwestern over Pacific? I personally don't know much about midwestern CPG....except that it's in Arizona... and it's hot. :D

I've been waiting for two & a half months already. Just emailed Jon-Erik today & here's what I got: "We are almost through our committee meetings. We thought we could get out all information last week, but we could not. This week we are very busy with ACPE. Our plan is to get out the rest of the information next week."
We'll have to wait for another week I guess! :rolleyes:

Thanks for getting that info--I was just about to call them myself. I guess I don't mind waiting for next week, so long as they haven't been sending the letters out in a particular order. Like.. acceptances first, then waitlists, then rejection letters.

Thanks for getting that info--I was just about to call them myself. I guess I don't mind waiting for next week, so long as they haven't been sending the letters out in a particular order. Like.. acceptances first, then waitlists, then rejection letters.
You'll never know. That's what I'm worrying, whether either I am ranked at the bottom of the waitlist or even rejected?!

- I know of at least 2, more than likely 3 acceptees that will decline their offer. If you are #4 - you can consider yourself either #2 or #1.... As for me - I am still a little overwhelmed. I cant wait to be a boxer (although being a Gator hasn't been bad)

Keep us posted if and when you guys get your letters...

Just curious - How many people are definitely going to commit to Pacific?

~above~

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!!
It looks like a lot of you got accepted or put on the wait list.

I also got put on the waiting list as #25.
I hope and pray that there will be massive movement~ hahaha

Pacific is my #1 choice!
I was interviewed Feb 10th. From Texas, with bachelor's, retail & clinical hospital exp. (7.5yrs), lots of EC's...

Have any of you filled out financial aid stuff yet? During the interview, they mentioned that March 1st was the deadline. Was that for the federal loan? ( I hope not)

Also, how often do you all think Pacific will let us know of our wait list status?

THANKS!!!

Congrats on the acceptance! And.. I think you meant that you will be declining, right? Best of luck, wherever it is you decide to go. Did you receive this today in the mail?

Did ANYONE from Southern California receive anything yet........

Sitting here in Southern Cali. and still nothing though my friend from San Diego (who interviewed on the 27th with me) already got a letter.

Sitting here in Southern Cali. and still nothing though my friend from San Diego (who interviewed on the 27th with me) already got a letter.

Hi nightsgt, don't worry...the school is being busy with ACPE and they haven't done with all application yet. Be patience...you will soon receive the letter! :)

i am getting frustrated too!! my friend who also interviewed with me on the 27th got on the waiting list. i did not receive anything!! ahhh...

i am getting frustrated too!! my friend who also interviewed with me on the 27th got on the waiting list. i did not receive anything!! ahhh...

Man, Im disappointed that I got on the waitlist. My rank is horrible that it is like a polite rejection. Good luck to all ya'll that is on the bubble for the waitlist/acceptance.

Those that were lucky enough to get acceptance letters, how long did they give you to send in your deposit? Was it two weeks?

Passion2bpharmd, I would also like to know about the finanial aid deadline. If you email Pacific, please post. Thanks

We have until March 5 to send in our deposit so about two weeks. The financial aid deadline for the state of Oregon is March 1st which includes federal loans, grants and work study. Your best bet would be go ahead and fill it out and have it sent to Pacific as well as any other colleges you're applying to just to be on the safe side. Hope this helps!

Gsinccom - I am trying to send you a PM, but your box is full!!!

~above~

Hey ~above~,

Yeah I know. I have been meaning to get around to cleaning it out but haven't yet. I will soon:)

Later,

G

Congrats to you once again!

Man, Im disappointed that I got on the waitlist. My rank is horrible that it is like a polite rejection. Good luck to all ya'll that is on the bubble for the waitlist/acceptance.

If you don't mind sharing, what was your rank?

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a standard for dress at Pacific? Some of my friends that are attending Pharm schools at other universities can go to classes as dressed up or dressed down as they want. Pacific seems that it may be different though. Does anyone have any information about this? Since Pacific isn't like most schools in the way it is set up, I was just assuming we would have follow a dress standard. Maybe I should send DannyPx a PM.

no there isn't a dress code. most students wear jeans to school. i asked them about the dress code at the interview. which i guess its a good thing not having a dress code, since you wont have to go shopping for new clothes.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a standard for dress at Pacific? Some of my friends that are attending Pharm schools at other universities can go to classes as dressed up or dressed down as they want. Pacific seems that it may be different though. Does anyone have any information about this? Since Pacific isn't like most schools in the way it is set up, I was just assuming we would have follow a dress standard. Maybe I should send DannyPx a PM.

Tank top, shorts, and flip flops for all they care. ;)

Tank top, shorts, and flip flops for all they care. ;)

Sounds good to me! Yeah, I was actually thinking I would have to invest in a new wardrobe or something. It's not like I don't have dress clothes or anything... but not enough to wear EVERYDAY! I am all for comfort!

Hey,
Good question but I want to bring to your notice that we don't have a formal dress code. Just dress on anything that makes you comfortable and you will be fine.

We only dress in a formal or business casual manner if the need comes up and other than that, just dress and be your self.

Look forward to seeing your smiling faces again!

I wonder how high up the waitlist goes up to, because with the ranking that i have I know that I wont be getting in. :( does anyone know how many people total they waitlist?

I just emailed Jon Larsen. Hopefully he'll reply back soon.
I am getting a little concerned because I forgot my pin for fafsa and they have to send it to me via MAIL! Does this mean if I don't get my pin by the March 1st deadline, i won't be getting loans? Oh NO!!

Those that were lucky enough to get acceptance letters, how long did they give you to send in your deposit? Was it two weeks?

Passion2bpharmd, I would also like to know about the finanial aid deadline. If you email Pacific, please post. Thanks

I just emailed Jon Larsen. Hopefully he'll reply back soon.
I am getting a little concerned because I forgot my pin for fafsa and they have to send it to me via MAIL! Does this mean if I don't get my pin by the March 1st deadline, i won't be getting loans? Oh NO!!

I just signed up for Fafsa for the first time in 4 years (no doubt my pin was expired) and they emailed me a new one in ONE day. Are you sure you need to get it by mail?

I just emailed Jon-Eric too. I hope I get an answer about the letters soon. I feel like I need to get to the bottom of this or else I'm gonna ruin my Western interview on Saturday. -_-'

I think it would be good idea to start a thread so that ppl are aware of the movement of the waitlist. That way ppl on witing list would get to know where they stand :)

No problemo. aboveliquid would LOVE to get your spot. If you don't mind, any particular reason(s) why your choosing midwestern over Pacific? I personally don't know much about midwestern CPG....except that it's in Arizona... and it's hot. :D

This is not in any order but midwestern was one of the first three year schools out there and its accredidated..The campus was really nice (it was actually a real campus with more than one building) :D I think I would do better in a quarter system or even the good old semester system. I dont know if I could sit in one spot all day long...I even chose midwestern over LECOM. Well goodluck to you seth.. You deserve a spot at the school.

I just signed up for Fafsa for the first time in 4 years (no doubt my pin was expired) and they emailed me a new one in ONE day. Are you sure you need to get it by mail?

I just emailed Jon-Eric too. I hope I get an answer about the letters soon. I feel like I need to get to the bottom of this or else I'm gonna ruin my Western interview on Saturday. -_-'

When I went to request my pin, the only option I had was through Postal Mail. I guess when I first made my PIN, I didn't put in my email. (dang it!)

Anyone else get accpeted, but trying to hold off on a final decision? I really like Pacific, but somehow I feel like I have to wait till I hear back from the other schools before I commit to one 100%. Hmmmm...

If you don't mind sharing, what was your rank?

Rank 73.... I was happy and yet sad... Last year I think the people that the highest rank accepted were like up to ~30'ish. And this year should be lower since they are more closer to their canidate standing.

When I went to request my pin, the only option I had was through Postal Mail. I guess when I first made my PIN, I didn't put in my email. (dang it!)

Oh no, that's probably why.. can't you change that option? Maybe you should call fafsa. They were pretty helpful when I called them. I'm not sure but I thought it said it CAN take 7-ish days to receive through snail mail?

**And...we don't have to fill out any other extra forms besides FAFSA for financial aid right??

Yeah, so I did my FAFSA online and everything was ok. Got my PIN in the mail, printed it out for my records. Do I just wait for PU to send me money? :D

I heard from other schools they should send you additional specific forms later on to determine your exact amount. I dare not bother PU when ACPE is still around so in a few weeks I'll make a call. Unless someone else wants to bug them now.

And for people who are discouraged because of their rank, don't panic. Even if you don't get in this year, there's always next year. This was technically my THIRD year applying for schools and I finally got in. If being a pharmacist is what you really want to do, you should stick with it.

I got a response from Jon-Erick and this is what he said: "Do fill out the FAFSA. It is used for the fed aid. Even if you have to fill it out and it is not real accurate, get it in."

I also called fafsa, and they told me to go ahead and submit the application without the PIN, because I can always go back after the application is processed and THEN electronically sign the application(use the PIN).
So, I'm assuming that just as long as the application is sent in b4 the deadline, I am okay? hope so....

Especially if you turned it in online, no worries---they process it really fast! I submitted mines 2/15 and one of my other schools just sent me a letter today stating that they've received the info from fafsa. Considering the time it takes fafsa to process my application, send it out the schools, and then for the school to snail-mail a confirmation letter to me, that's pretty fast.

Rank 73.... I was happy and yet sad... Last year I think the people that the highest rank accepted were like up to ~30'ish. And this year should be lower since they are more closer to their canidate standing.

Thanks for sharing your rank. I wonder how long the waitlist is... Anyway, I also think this year will be lower which is what I'm worried about. Have you been accepted anywhere else?

I was accecpted, still not sure where I am going yet....
Found out early last week-Interviewed on 2/10

I am from Iowa and had a great experience in Oregon. Great School!!

If I do attend Pacific I need to find some fellow riders (that is snowboarding on Mt. HOOD)----!!!!!!!

If you have not completed your BS... but you are starting your Pharm D in the fall - how on earth do you get FAFSA to recognize it...

I get an error stating: "In question 24 - you said you had not completed your BS, but in question 49 - you stated you will begin your doctorate program."

Today I worked for 8.5 hours at the pharmacy - then filed my taxes - now FAFSA - how much does today blow???

~above~

Well I got a rejection letter from pacific today. I knew the interview didn't go well at all, I stumbled through questions, just not my best and that is what they said I needed to improve on. On a happy note I got into my 1st choice, Oregon State today!! So looks like I'm going to keep on being a Beaver! Good luck to all of you at Pacific, the program looks great and all of you on this forum were amazing with answering questions and being supportive to everyone!

Those that have filled out FAFSA already....how do you fill it out correctly if you have not filed your income tax return yet? Do you just leave it blank and then go back in later and edit it...will it allow you to leave fields blank?

Those that have filled out FAFSA already....how do you fill it out correctly if you have not filed your income tax return yet? Do you just leave it blank and then go back in later and edit it...will it allow you to leave fields blank?

I filed my taxes today... It took about 45 minutes with HR Block online.

I still couldn't finish the FAFSA though - not until I get some guidance on my question posted earlier...

hmph hmph... shameless plug for help - anyone have some input?

~above~

Well I got a rejection letter from pacific today. I knew the interview didn't go well at all, I stumbled through questions, just not my best and that is what they said I needed to improve on. On a happy note I got into my 1st choice, Oregon State today!! So looks like I'm going to keep on being a Beaver! Good luck to all of you at Pacific, the program looks great and all of you on this forum were amazing with answering questions and being supportive to everyone!

Im sorry to hear that - and a Big congrats!!! (all at the same time... ;) )

~above~

Congrats on OSU!!!!!!
I have an interview next week. Can I ask you what questions did they ask you on interview??? And essay Q's????

i got my rejection letter today..they said i need to work on getting more pharmacy experience

Omgosh... I think I'm going to get rejected. Has anyone who didn't hear from Pacific earlier in the week NOT receive a rejection letter?? :( :( :(

And for those of you who have received those letters, I wish you luck with other schools!!

Status
Not open for further replies.