Pacific U - Roll Call and Info thread...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi DannyPX,

I know this has been discussed in other postings..but what do you recommend as a current P1 student that we incoming P1 students should focus/review on before school starts (specific to Pacific U) that is. Any thoughts are appreciated. Also, does PU offer health coverage for its students?

Thanks!:)

Hello Ipinjoy,
Thanks for your inquiry. I know the med chem Professor will send all the admitted students e-mail on what to study on OCHEM prior to arrival. Please, I suggest strongly that you finish all his recommended reading 'cos I know that will help you so much.
yes, Pacific does offer health coverage unless if you already had one before arrival. if you do have one, they make you sign a waiver and then they will verify to see that your coverage met the required standard.

Other than that, I think you are good to go. Let me know if I can help some more.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Ipinjoy,
Thanks for your inquiry. I know the med chem Professor will send all the admitted students e-mail on what to study on OCHEM prior to arrival. Please, I suggest strongly that you finish all his recommended reading 'cos I know that will help you so much.
yes, Pacific does offer health coverage unless if you already had one before arrival. if you do have one, they make you sign a waiver and then they will verify to see that your coverage met the required standard.

Other than that, I think you are good to go. Let me know if I can help some more.

Hi DannyPx, thanks a lot for your information! Good luck on studying and have a wonderful day! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi DannyPx, thanks a lot for your information! Good luck on studying and have a wonderful day! :)

You are welcome any time. We look forward to seeing you all in August. Have fun and all the best.

just got rejected from Pacific. I interviewed on Jan 20th and got the letter today. It was dated 2/20 though so exactly one month from the interview date..

just got rejected from Pacific. I interviewed on Jan 20th and got the letter today. It was dated 2/20 though so exactly one month from the interview date..

I'm sorry 'queen. Did you apply anywhere else? Did they provide helpful feedback if you need to reapply?

I hope you get in somewhere else... Oh gosh, where's MY rejection letter...?? :(

Jon-Erik responded to my email, saying that the rest of the letter were sent out on Tuesday.

Just got my rejection letter. Horrible. I feel like crap right now.

Thank you for your sympathies Pharm47 and IlovePharm, I really appreciate it but i feel really sad. I also interviewed at UCSF and after the interview felt really good but now I'm having serious doubts

Hi Dragon Queen,
I am so sorry about the news. However, that does not mean that you don't have all it takes to make it through pharmacy school. I hope and pray that God will grant you His divine favor with the other schools you applied for.

In that regards, I encourage you strongly to move on with your life. That is not the end of the world and there is so much ahead of you. Keep your chin high and don't let it eat you up.

Good luck and God's grace!

Hey Dragon, Harvoh - I can tell you both are great people just from your posts you have made in this thread... Danny is right -

One quote I have always loved is:

Success doesn't mean the absence of failures; it means the attainment of ultimate objectives. It means winning the war, not every battle.
- Edward Bliss

If not here with Pacific now - if you keep fighting - you will obtain your goals, somewhere in someway...

I for one would be proud to call you classmates... Semper Fi

~above~

What do you know, I got one too. They said it was because of lack of pharmacy experience?? They didn't mark anything off that had to do with the interview process though, surprisingly. I guess volunteering 350+ hrs was not good enough....:( I was expecting this, but it's still saddening. I hope I get into somewhere soon!

What do you know, I got one too. They said it was because of lack of pharmacy experience?? They didn't mark anything off that had to do with the interview process though, surprisingly. I guess volunteering 350+ hrs was not good enough....:( I was expecting this, but it's still saddening. I hope I get into somewhere soon!

Hello ilovepharm,
350+hrs is not less experience by any angle. Do you remember any question they asked you r/t your pharm experience. Try to recall the answers you gave. and re-evaluate it.
350+ hrs should be good enough.
Good luck with other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
You got rejected for lack of pharmacy experience and you have 350+ hours?.. I got on the waitlist but I got a horrible rank, but my experience is far less than yours. Sometime I think experience isnt all that its cracked up to be when applying to pharm school. Best of luck ilovepharm.

Ray, Omega, thanks for all of your feedback. Perhaps like Ray mentioned, I gave the interviewers the impression that I didn't know about pharmacy as much as I do. Pacific U was my first interview, and I left the interview feeling as though I wasn't able to sell myself that well. I'm upset about it but if I get into a California school, then I'd be very very happy. Going to Oregon was a great experience in and of itself, and I don't regret it one bit! :D

Good luck to all of you alternates!

Ray, Omega, thanks for all of your feedback. Perhaps like Ray mentioned, I gave the interviewers the impression that I didn't know about pharmacy as much as I do. Pacific U was my first interview, and I left the interview feeling as though I wasn't able to sell myself that well. I'm upset about it but if I get into a California school, then I'd be very very happy. Going to Oregon was a great experience in and of itself, and I don't regret it one bit! :D

Good luck to all of you alternates!

Sorry to hear that love... I agree with Ray and Omega - 350 is plenty. I feel sad to say it - but the admission's process seems to have lost its luster since Vanessa left. I have a feeling your feedback would have been a bit more accurate and forthcoming had Vanessa been the one writing it. Still - as you said, use it as a learning experience. I Wish you nothing but the best :)

~above~

Has anyone heard anything official from Pacific as far as the waitlist is concerned? I ask b/c i have a 1000 deposit in the mail on its way to anohter school but Pacific is my first choice. It would be nice i could stop payment on the check and save a grand.

Should i email jon erik and see if he has an update?

Has anyone heard anything official from Pacific as far as the waitlist is concerned? I ask b/c i have a 1000 deposit in the mail on its way to anohter school but Pacific is my first choice. It would be nice i could stop payment on the check and save a grand.

I havenot heard anything. Might be a good idea to call once before you post your mail.

Well I for one have decided to go with OSU, meaning everyone can move +1 on the list, hopefully my spot will go to one of you SDN'ers that really wants it! Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

I haven't heard anything either. Jon Erik left a message on my phone telling me to definitely get my FAFSA done - he said being number one on the wait list meant you were certain to be called - but he didn't elaborate on anything specific.

I would definitely give him a call - Janelle is also very helpful.

~above~

Well I for one have decided to go with OSU, meaning everyone can move +1 on the list, hopefully my spot will go to one of you SDN'ers that really wants it! Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Have you notified Pacific? If so - This would mean that at least 2 seats have been transferred to the waitlistees... Very nice - I cant wait for my letter...

~above~

Well, it's official today. I just received my last rejection letter from Loma Linda and it looks like 99.9999% I will be attending PU this fall. Such a bittersweet feeling because although I love everything about PU (location, program, professors, mission statement potential, etc) it doesn't have my girlfriend. :(

If I got accepted into Loma Linda (where she attends), I would've went and proposed to her late 2007. We are "separated" right now due to the distance and we were hoping I could get into LLU. But now, we got to tough it out another 3 years. Although LLU has my number 1, its program leaves MUCH to be desired. I would've only gone for her. But I guess it's not an issue now. :( :( :( I'm sad right now but at least I can apartment hunt and plan for the move to Oregon seriously now.

Sorry if I just spilled my heart out on SDN. Blah!

eddie, youre so sweet. We're all ears here..... or eyes, rather. :oops:

Well, it's official today. I just received my last rejection letter from Loma Linda and it looks like 99.9999% I will be attending PU this fall. Such a bittersweet feeling because although I love everything about PU (location, program, professors, mission statement potential, etc) it doesn't have my girlfriend. :(

If I got accepted into Loma Linda (where she attends), I would've went and proposed to her late 2007. We are "separated" right now due to the distance and we were hoping I could get into LLU. But now, we got to tough it out another 3 years. Although LLU has my number 1, its program leaves MUCH to be desired. I would've only gone for her. But I guess it's not an issue now. :( :( :( I'm sad right now but at least I can apartment hunt and plan for the move to Oregon seriously now.

You know, I was just wondering whether or not you had heard from LLU.... and now I know... what a bummer. I would love to tell you everything will be alright, but I know you probably feel really crappy right now. Maybe you will be able to go and visit her, or she can come and visit you? I think that once you get to Pacific and get settled into a new apt. things will get a little easier. Plus, it will be really helpful when we all get to know eachother better and you will have tons of friends to support you. I have a feeling these next 3 years are going to go by really fast!
Another good thing is that you are moving to a really great area. I can honestly say the 3 years I had lived in Oregon was the most awesome time of my life. The Portland area has so much to offer. I am sooooo happy to be going back.

Pacific must be where you were meant to go! I hope your week gets better.

Hey Eddie. I'm sorry about the disappointment...but just remember that everything happens for a reason. Often we don't know what that reason is until WAY down the line, but go forward knowing that you are going to a great school in a great location. We live in the communication age - phone, email, heck even video conferencing...three years is a long time, but if it's meant to be...

Hey Eddie - I agree with Ammarha & Pharm - This is one of these "trials and tribulations" associated with serious relationships. If your heart is in it - then you (and her) will wait. When the time comes for you two to finally be together - it will be all the more better.

I am leaving my significant other as well - debating when to give her the ring - hoping she will wait for me as well... Keep your chin up Eddie - great things await us on the horizon...

~above~

I am leaving my significant other as well - debating when to give her the ring - hoping she will wait for me as well... Keep your chin up Eddie - great things await us on the horizon...

~above~

Oh how exciting!

On a side note...so when I gave my notice the other day, my boss said "Graduate school eh? My husband left me when I was getting my Master's.":mad:

I thought it was SO kind of her to insinuate that I would lose my spouse if I pursued further education. Whatever, she's just bitter. I know it will be hard - relationships aren't meant to be a walk in the park. But if she/he is the person for you, you'll make it work now matter what the situation!

I wonder when will pacific uni update its waiting list.
Please post the message on this regard if anyone has any sort of info about waiting list update.

Thanks.

You guys are so nice. I mean, I'm in San Francisco and she is in the LA area already and we've been physically apart for 1.5 yrs now and been officially separated for almost 10 months. I doubt being in Portland vs SF will make much of a difference for our current situation. The phone relationship didn't work too well and flying every other week is not fun. I have confidence we'll be together later on, but it's just the hope of being together NOW! :D

We also have a small chihuahua together and he's been with her parents in LA for a while. I might steal him and take him to class with me. maybe get him fitted for a white coat also. :laugh:

It was a lose-lose and a win-win situation either way. If I get into LLU, I'd have her but I would almost HATE the school/area. If I get into PU, I would enjoy the program/area but would not have her.

I guess the bright side is I can be single for another 3 years. Got to put on the pimp suit again. haha, jk.

In the bigger picture, I'm going to be a pharmacist and that is what truly matters.

OK, no more spilling my feelings on SDN.

Oh how exciting!

On a side note...so when I gave my notice the other day, my boss said "Graduate school eh? My husband left me when I was getting my Master's.":mad:

I thought it was SO kind of her to insinuate that I would lose my spouse if I pursued further education. Whatever, she's just bitter. I know it will be hard - relationships aren't meant to be a walk in the park. But if she/he is the person for you, you'll make it work now matter what the situation!

You should've replied, "Well, maybe if you got a doctorate like me, he would've stayed." :p

Hopefully you can make it to PU. We'd love to have you aboard.

And I never got to share this with you guys (unless I did), but where I work, I meet a lot of people on a daily basis. From all over the world actually. Last weekend, I met a pharmacist from Oregon and when I told him I'm moving there in August, he got interested. I told him it was for pharamacy and he IMMEDIATELY said "Pacific???"

I was shocked he didn't mentioned OSU since they are established. He mentioned he checked out the program and he believed in it so much, he decided to volunteer as an interviewer. He conducted interviews!

He said the people running the program (Sue Stein, the dean, etc) were top notch and he believes in a few years, PU will be a top tiered program. This coming from a pharmacist who's been working 30 plus years in the Oregon area. He will also volunteer to lecture us in our 2nd year on his speciality (forgot what it was). All of his colleagues at his work (which will remain nameless for now) also loves PU and is VERY excited to work with its students during rotations.

He also explained to me how PU decides who to accept, wait list, and reject. I can share that with you guys if you want. Overall, it was a good 30 minute talk and I hope to see him again come August.

You should've replied, "Well, maybe if you got a doctorate like me, he would've stayed." :p

Hopefully you can make it to PU. We'd love to have you aboard.

And I never got to share this with you guys (unless I did), but where I work, I meet a lot of people on a daily basis. From all over the world actually. Last weekend, I met a pharmacist from Oregon and when I told him I'm moving there in August, he got interested. I told him it was for pharamacy and he IMMEDIATELY said "Pacific???"

I was shocked he didn't mentioned OSU since they are established. He mentioned he checked out the program and he believed in it so much, he decided to volunteer as an interviewer. He conducted interviews!

He said the people running the program (Sue Stein, the dean, etc) were top notch and he believes in a few years, PU will be a top tiered program. This coming from a pharmacist who's been working 30 plus years in the Oregon area. He will also volunteer to lecture us in our 2nd year on his speciality (forgot what it was). All of his colleagues at his work (which will remain nameless for now) also loves PU and is VERY excited to work with its students during rotations.

He also explained to me how PU decides who to accept, wait list, and reject. I can share that with you guys if you want. Overall, it was a good 30 minute talk and I hope to see him again come August.

Hey Eddie! I guess I should add to this as well. I have a close friend who graduated from UW-Madison pharmacy school. She applied for an residency as OHSU, and was accepted. After doing a year long residency she was hired on as a full time Pharmacist. Anyway, when I told her I was applying to Pacific she was so excited.... she went on and on about the program, the staff... etc. She said Pacific already has a great reputation; they have the support of the community and from what I have heard, the Pharmacy program is top notch. If we havn't realized it already; we will be graduating from an awesome school with awesome staff. Sue Stein used to be at UW Madison and I am confident in her vision for Pacific and her dedication to the students. What I like about Pacific is that it is smaller than a university system, which I think will allow us to be more interactive with eachother and the faculty. That is what I hate about the school I am at now. I just feel like a number and a face in a sea of many faces.

Anyway, I keep obsessing about what school will be like when we get there. I know we will find out soon enough, but I am impatient! I want to know what to expect.... and what the average day for a student is like; from the time they wake up until they go to sleep. Yeah.. I am obsessing about it too much. I didn't have any questions during the interview, but now I could ask 50! Anyway, I am off to finish my Ochem lab report!

Eddie,

I would like to know how PU decides on acceptances, rejections, and waitlistees! Thanks. :)

Ya, it would be interesting to get inside info on how a school admission process works....

You guys are so nice. I mean, I'm in San Francisco and she is in the LA area already and we've been physically apart for 1.5 yrs now and been officially separated for almost 10 months. I doubt being in Portland vs SF will make much of a difference for our current situation. The phone relationship didn't work too well and flying every other week is not fun. I have confidence we'll be together later on, but it's just the hope of being together NOW! :D

We also have a small chihuahua together and he's been with her parents in LA for a while. I might steal him and take him to class with me. maybe get him fitted for a white coat also. :laugh:

It was a lose-lose and a win-win situation either way. If I get into LLU, I'd have her but I would almost HATE the school/area. If I get into PU, I would enjoy the program/area but would not have her.

I guess the bright side is I can be single for another 3 years. Got to put on the pimp suit again. haha, jk.

In the bigger picture, I'm going to be a pharmacist and that is what truly matters.

OK, no more spilling my feelings on SDN.

Don't be sad, Eddie! a bright future is waiting for you! can't wait to see your chihuahua hahahhahah....:D

That's pretty awesome Eddie! I'd like to know how they decide as well. It's nice to know that they school already has such an awesome reputation. I'm excited to meet everyone in the fall!

well, i finally got a letter from pacific, ( I am in the Nov 18th interview) and too know suprise i got rejected. I know i messed up on the interview so hard. I still remember my interview very well and that though i was answering everything the best i can, i still remember my cheek twitching and hearing my own voice trembling. The letter says that i needed to work on my interview skills hahahahaha so i called it. But don't have any regrets at all, it was my first interview and definetly the experince has taught me a lot. I learned alot from talking to other people who where at my interview and the whole process of interviewing. Just wanted to say thanks to everybody in this forum who has been supportive and helping each other out. Coming in contact and sharing the same struggle has helped me get over this ordeal. I'm just glad everything is over now and i can relax and enjoy the rest of my college. I hope everybody has fun in pacific, its an awesome school compared to others i went to. And to those who are waiting keep up your hopes because i know it will come if you all really want it just remember to stick with it and don't give up. " If you look in the sky and you see yourself dreaming, don't feel defeated, because trust me you can build it"

I"M TOUCHING THE SKY!

Sorry to keep everyone waiting. Anyways, the way the adcom judges you is very straight forward. It's not so much about the process but more on how the adcom panel judges you. Again, this info is from a volunteer pharmacist so take it for what its worth. No surprises here.

The # 1 question they ask is "Is this person ready for pharmacy school?" Being ready means academically able to handle the courseload (GPA), if the applicant fully understands the profession, and the applicants life experiences.

Obviously GPA counts. However, PU isn't like USN or other schools that only take top the 100 GPA applicants. If you have in some way shown you can handle a full load of science courses (last 45 units is VERY important, especially in science), then you are "ready" in this category. Hence, a 2.9 gpa applicant has the same chance as a 3.7 gpa applicant assuming they both have high upward trends in their last 45 units. So if people are curious, yes, PU is a school known for accepting people with lower GPA's. But a 4.0 won't get your through the door if you lack elsewhere.

They want to see if you truly understand what being a pharmacist is all about. This is where your essays and interview come into play. It's not really about giving the RIGHT answer, it's more about giving a MATURE answer. "I want to help people" won't cut it here. They look for you to use your past experiences from other careers, positions, etc to arrive at your answer. This shows them you "get it." They will try and incorporate your pharmacy related experience in their questions and you must show you have learned something from the experience.

This might explain why some people have 300 hours of volunteer or 6 months of shadowing but still "lack solid pharmacy experience." They felt during your interview, you didn't demonstrate you learned enough from it.

And believe me, they see right through you if you BS. He mentioned "Some of these 19-20 yr old kids sound so naive when they explain why they want to do pharmacy. It's just so fake."

Also, applicants who have work experience in other fields (i.e. business, computers, etc) have a HUGE edge b/c it shows they have explored other areas prior to pharmacy and know this is for them. That's why they love people with bachelors. They aren't huge fans of 20 yr old kids who don't have much experience in anything. He added "How can a 20 yr old kid know what he wants to do for the next 40 yrs of his life? It's impossible unless he's shown a lot of solid pharmacy experience." I think he means, the younger you are, the more pharmacy experience you will need to prove you "get it."

Well, that's how they judge you by but here is how they break it down with acceptances.

They aim for 86 acceptances so they keep reviewing and accepting as they receive/interview (rolling admissions). For the "perfect applicant," they will accept them right away. Then they have the next level of applicants from that batch reviewed again. There is a cut off point and if they don't think you're "ready", they will review your file again at a later date. However, if an applicant lacks too much in any one area, whether it be grades or experience, they will automatically be put on the wait list. Then I assume they rank it against the others in that group based on who is "more ready." They have put many 3.7-4.0 range applicants on it b/c they just lacked experience or had bad interviews. Hence they might rank you in the 91 this year but if you fix your issue, you might be ranked #6 the next year.

So if you are on the wait list, they really do like you. However, you just aren't ready in their eyes. He mentioned if you reapply and fix your deficiency, you have a great chance of getting in next year.

Wewww...what a great info, Eddie! :D

Thanks Eddie!! I guess now I know why I was waitlisted as #30. lol. I'll admit I could've done better on the interview. It was my first and I don't even think I was sitting up straight, I was so nervous!!

On another note, I got accepted to LECOM Bradenton yesterday!! That makes me feel a whole lot better about this situation b/c I was starting to think I wasn't going to get in anywhere!

Thanks for all the info eddie and Ammarha! Just to add...

I just gave my notice at work (business consultant) on Friday because I'm going to work part-time at a local retail pharmacy until the fall. I decided I needed a break (50 hrs/week working + 10 credits/term for two years = too much for me), or I wouldn't make it to pharmacy school with all my marbles. ANYWAY, the pharmacist who interviewed me was asking about where I'll go, and I presented that I'm deciding between the two Oregon programs. She is actually a preceptor for both 4th year OSU students on rotations and 1st year Pacific students doing their "Early Experiential" work. So I asked her what she thought of both programs. She is an OSU alum, so obviously had significant ties to that program; however, she did say that she thought Pacific's curriculum was laid out in a "much more logical and sequential format. I think students there will be extremely prepared."

Now...back to deciding...:)

Thanks for all the info eddie and Ammarha! Just to add...

I just gave my notice at work (business consultant) on Friday because I'm going to work part-time at a local retail pharmacy until the fall. I decided I needed a break (50 hrs/week working + 10 credits/term for two years = too much for me), or I wouldn't make it to pharmacy school with all my marbles. ANYWAY, the pharmacist who interviewed me was asking about where I'll go, and I presented that I'm deciding between the two Oregon programs. She is actually a preceptor for both 4th year OSU students on rotations and 1st year Pacific students doing their "Early Experiential" work. So I asked her what she thought of both programs. She is an OSU alum, so obviously had significant ties to that program; however, she did say that she thought Pacific's curriculum was laid out in a "much more logical and sequential format. I think students there will be extremely prepared."

Now...back to deciding...:)

Hi Pharm! Congrats on choosing to cut back some of the stress in your life! I know exactly what you mean by wanted to start phamacy school with all your marbles. I decided to only take 8 credits this semester. I have so much to do before this summer. Between packing, moving, traveling to Wi and Mi to visit family before I leave, I didn't want to be too stressed out by the time I arrived to Oregon.
If you get bored working in the retail environment you should try appyling at OHSU. I know they are always looking for good people to train. If I knew I could manage both, I would consider it while at Pacific. But, that may be pushing it. Anyway, enjoy you time off! I know you haven't decided yet, but are you leaning toward a school yet? Even by just a little?

Does anyone know if Pacific has a "spring break"? I would guess not, due to the condensed schedule, but looking at the curriculum posted on their website, it seemed like there might be a break somewhere in the "Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics," as the length is a month, but only includes 11 days of instruction.

BTW I'm bored at work.

Sorry to keep everyone waiting. Anyways, the way the adcom judges you is very straight forward. It's not so much about the process but more on how the adcom panel judges you. Again, this info is from a volunteer pharmacist so take it for what its worth. No surprises here.

The # 1 question they ask is "Is this person ready for pharmacy school?" Being ready means academically able to handle the courseload (GPA), if the applicant fully understands the profession, and the applicants life experiences.

Obviously GPA counts. However, PU isn't like USN or other schools that only take top the 100 GPA applicants. If you have in some way shown you can handle a full load of science courses (last 45 units is VERY important, especially in science), then you are "ready" in this category. Hence, a 2.9 gpa applicant has the same chance as a 3.7 gpa applicant assuming they both have high upward trends in their last 45 units. So if people are curious, yes, PU is a school known for accepting people with lower GPA's. But a 4.0 won't get your through the door if you lack elsewhere.

They want to see if you truly understand what being a pharmacist is all about. This is where your essays and interview come into play. It's not really about giving the RIGHT answer, it's more about giving a MATURE answer. "I want to help people" won't cut it here. They look for you to use your past experiences from other careers, positions, etc to arrive at your answer. This shows them you "get it." They will try and incorporate your pharmacy related experience in their questions and you must show you have learned something from the experience.

This might explain why some people have 300 hours of volunteer or 6 months of shadowing but still "lack solid pharmacy experience." They felt during your interview, you didn't demonstrate you learned enough from it.

And believe me, they see right through you if you BS. He mentioned "Some of these 19-20 yr old kids sound so naive when they explain why they want to do pharmacy. It's just so fake."

Also, applicants who have work experience in other fields (i.e. business, computers, etc) have a HUGE edge b/c it shows they have explored other areas prior to pharmacy and know this is for them. That's why they love people with bachelors. They aren't huge fans of 20 yr old kids who don't have much experience in anything. He added "How can a 20 yr old kid know what he wants to do for the next 40 yrs of his life? It's impossible unless he's shown a lot of solid pharmacy experience." I think he means, the younger you are, the more pharmacy experience you will need to prove you "get it."

Well, that's how they judge you by but here is how they break it down with acceptances.

They aim for 86 acceptances so they keep reviewing and accepting as they receive/interview (rolling admissions). For the "perfect applicant," they will accept them right away. Then they have the next level of applicants from that batch reviewed again. There is a cut off point and if they don't think you're "ready", they will review your file again at a later date. However, if an applicant lacks too much in any one area, whether it be grades or experience, they will automatically be put on the wait list. Then I assume they rank it against the others in that group based on who is "more ready." They have put many 3.7-4.0 range applicants on it b/c they just lacked experience or had bad interviews. Hence they might rank you in the 91 this year but if you fix your issue, you might be ranked #6 the next year.

So if you are on the wait list, they really do like you. However, you just aren't ready in their eyes. He mentioned if you reapply and fix your deficiency, you have a great chance of getting in next year.

I have been wondering how I earned the 1st spot on the wait list... I wonder what I was deficient at? Hopefully it wont matter - but I still feel a little sad that I do not have a cool "acceptance" letter. I kinda feel like coming from a CC and not yet having my BS might have hurt me... :( Im not despairing/gloating - just curious.

~above~

We DO have a spring break. It's 5 whole days, including a weekend and assuming you pass your assessment so you have the following monday off. So it's really just 2 days of actual "vacation". But hey, it's a three year program ya know. We do get 6 weeks off over summer, I think that's fairly generous.

Does anyone know if Pacific has a "spring break"? I would guess not, due to the condensed schedule, but looking at the curriculum posted on their website, it seemed like there might be a break somewhere in the "Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics," as the length is a month, but only includes 11 days of instruction.

BTW I'm bored at work.

I heard back from John-Erik Larsen, who said the start date should most likely be August 22. Expect a letter at the beginning of June.

what type of letter are we expecting at the beginning of june?

do you guys know when we're going to be updated of the waitlist?

thanks!!!

To clarify, the June letter should have specifics for accepted students - "details for the upcoming year."

do you guys know when we're going to be updated of the waitlist? thanks!!![/QUOTE said:
I emailed jon erik last week and he said hopefully we will hear something about the updated waitlist early this week.

Good news and bad news. I talked to a friend in the class that helps the committee. ACPE went very well for them. For those on the waitlist like me, we are going to have to wait a bit longer. Because they had a couple of students defer from last year, they have 89 students deposited. So it looks like we will have to chill for a bit until there is more movement. So Seth, you may not be in yet. I still think you are in great shape. I wish I was #1.

I emailed jon erik last week and he said hopefully we will hear something about the updated waitlist early this week.

Hey Ray,
I got email from Mr. Larsen today. Here it is : "We are still collecting the forms. I think we will send out an update late next week."
ray

Status
Not open for further replies.