Pacific University c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foureyes4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else going to Pacific starting Fall 2012? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Awesome. I wanna start finding people so we can make a facebook group!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been accepted as well but still not sure if I want to go. I love the location and people but I am worried about their clinical experience. Their campus clinic is not that busy. I am sure the Portland clinic gets good number of patients but what about the other clinics?

I have been accepted as well but still not sure if I want to go. I love the location and people but I am worried about their clinical experience. Their campus clinic is not that busy. I am sure the Portland clinic gets good number of patients but what about the other clinics?

What questions did they ask you in the interview?

hey guys, congrats on getting accepted. if you have any questions about pacific, let me know. unfortunately, i cant really talk on whether you get enough clinic time because im just a first year. but i do know (as im sure they told you) that starting this year they doubled the amount of time 3rd years spend in the clinic, and they opened up the most state of the art 3D clinic in the world a couple weeks ago.

I think most of our clinics have pretty good numbers. They did a little comparison and I think a lot of the current 3rd years had already seen as many patients in the summer semester as most of the class above us saw all year. I don't have a lot of no-shows in general but the fall semester seems to be much busier than the summer semester was. That being said, I am in Beaverton this semester and not Forest Grove so maybe that does make a difference.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Anyone else going to Pacific starting Fall 2012? :)

Do you remember if you got a letter in the mail or a phone call telling you that you were admitted? Admissions told us we should wait 2 weeks for a letter but I heard someone from my interview got a phone call that they were accepted...

They mailed them out last year...it came really quick.

Do you remember if you got a letter in the mail or a phone call telling you that you were admitted? Admissions told us we should wait 2 weeks for a letter but I heard someone from my interview got a phone call that they were accepted...
I got a phone call in about 3 days. They did also mail out letters though, I got mine within 10 days.

I got a call from PUCO saying that I was accepted, but I was expecting a letter. Maybe they do both.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call from PUCO saying that I was accepted, but I was expecting a letter. Maybe they do both.

Ya I'm kind of worried cause it seems alot of poeple got phone calls...but admissions told us to wait for a letter...ARG the mail is taking forever! Why can't they just email us?! lol

Ya I'm kind of worried cause it seems alot of poeple got phone calls...but admissions told us to wait for a letter...ARG the mail is taking forever! Why can't they just email us?! lol
Haha when did you interview? Don't worry, I know a lot of people who didn't get a phone call but still got their letter soon after their interview!

Is the interview a closed or open file?
Closed file. Be sure to mention everything you mentioned in your application, because they know absolutely nothing about you when you sit down with them at the interview.

Closed file. Be sure to mention everything you mentioned in your application, because they know absolutely nothing about you when you sit down with them at the interview.

Cool thanks! Is the interview pretty laid back?

Cool thanks! Is the interview pretty laid back?
Very! There's a student paired with a faculty member, and they are incredibly nice and they make it a point to tell you that it's going to be a very relaxed and stress-free interview. Maybe I just lucked out, but I feel that everyone I talked to afterwards felt the same way about their interviewers. When is your interview?

Very! There's a student paired with a faculty member, and they are incredibly nice and they make it a point to tell you that it's going to be a very relaxed and stress-free interview. Maybe I just lucked out, but I feel that everyone I talked to afterwards felt the same way about their interviewers. When is your interview?

That is nice to know. Thank you for sharing. My interview in on Dec 9th. I have 5 years of experienced from the military and I also have good gpa and a decent OAT but communication is not my strong trait. I'm a little nervous.

Don't be. I was super nervous and I felt like I stumbled through a lot of it. Just relax and make sure you try to give them any information that you think would allow them to get to know you a little bit better.

Don't be. I was super nervous and I felt like I stumbled through a lot of it. Just relax and make sure you try to give them any information that you think would allow them to get to know you a little bit better.

Thank you! I'm excited

I just got my acceptance phone call today! yay! How do I get access to the fb group? I'd really like to start meeting classmates! :)

I just got my acceptance phone call today! yay! How do I get access to the fb group? I'd really like to start meeting classmates! :)

Congrats! How long did you have to wait for the call after your interview?

I had my interview last Friday and received a call on Tuesday morning, so a day and a half?

I don't think there is one yet... so I wanted to make this group to find people so that we can make one! do you want to create a group? :)

I was accepted c/o 2015 and deferred for a year to be c/o 2016...so, hello!

just placed my deposit earlier this week! see you all in september :)

I will be there this fall! just received my acceptance call earlier today :)
How do I join the facebook group? that link isn't working for me (N)

Congrats! After you have placed your deposit Andrea will send you an e-mail to join the facebook group.