Pacific University, Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody have a recommendation for a laptop? I was considering buying a new MacBook Pro. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

That's a lot of money to spend on something to take notes and study with. I'm probably going to go with a business model laptop in the $300-400 range.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a laptop? I was considering buying a new MacBook Pro. Any suggestions?
I agree w/ dwardo... Go with a cheaper Windows, they are super affordable these days.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted as well and really excited! Can't wait to start in the fall!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, how are you guys doing! I have my interview on 01/30 and i'm pretty excited about the school. I am a California native so I'm still deciding whether I want to go to a California school and stay close to home or go out of state and try living somewhere else for a change. I'm just curious as to how nice the campus and surrounding area are and also how the interviews went? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, how are you guys doing! I have my interview on 01/30 and i'm pretty excited about the school. I am a California native so I'm still deciding whether I want to go to a California school and stay close to home or go out of state and try living somewhere else for a change. I'm just curious as to how nice the campus and surrounding area are and also how the interviews went? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
I am a California native as well, northern part so it didn't feel too different from San Francisco (downtown Portland that is) if you have been to SF. I loved it! The campus isn't a whole lot, since it's not on the main undergrad campus in forest grove, it's in Hillsboro. But it was nice. Overall, I really enjoyed the area, the school and the people there.
As far as the interview, just be yourself! It wasn't nerve wracking at all.

Good luck on the interview, I'm from California as well and let me tell you.. Oregon is cold compared to Cali lol. I landed in Portland the morning of the interview and took the Max to the university and it was a really nice ride. I really liked the surrounding area and the people were very nice. The campus in general is small but I actually like that it's a small campus. The interviews were pretty straightforward... why pharmacy, describe yourself... etc. But like everyone else says just be yourself. I thought my interview didn't go well but I got in, so just be yourself and you'll be golden!

I got an invite for 1/30. So excited!! For those of you who flew in, how was the ride from the Portland Airport to the school. Did you guys stay in a hotel? Which one? And how safe was the city? For me, I can't fly in until the night before the interview because I have another interview the day before. What a weekend ahead >.< I am also wondering about the registration time. It says 8-9am. What time you guys got there?

I got an invite for 1/30. So excited!! For those of you who flew in, how was the ride from the Portland Airport to the school. Did you guys stay in a hotel? Which one? And how safe was the city? For me, I can't fly in until the night before the interview because I have another interview the day before. What a weekend ahead >.< I am also wondering about the registration time. It says 8-9am. What time you guys got there?

Congratulations!

when did you submit your applications?

I am planning to apply to Pacific University once PharmCAS recalculates my GPAs. I submitted my academic update on the 16th of December. I have everything ready. I am just waiting for pharmcas.

Members don't see this ad :)
I flew in the morning of then took the train from portland to the school, which takes about an hour and a half. It drops you off right in front of the school which is convenient. Registration time was at 10 AM. I didn't stay at a hotel, just flew back that same night. Good luck!

Do we have to update after every quarter? Will we be able to update later as well?

You can submit an academic update once only for your summer and/or fall grades. It opens from 12/15 to 2/15

Hey there! congrats! I flew in the night before and stayed at a hotel close to the airport because my flight landed late (for some reason its pretty much impossible to find a one-way flight from phoenix, az). The drive from the airport to the school was about 30-45 minutes. Traffic there wasn't too bad, however traffic to the airport from the school at around 4pm on a Friday evening was BADDDD. I almost missed my flight out and had to cut everyone in the security line. Definitely give yourself time to get to the airport after the interview...
As far as my arrival time, I think my interview day started a little later, and it instructed us not to show up early so I arrived right on time and it worked out perfect. The first thing they do is take your picture, so be ready! :)

Im in the process of turning in my Supplement( I know... its late). For the Prerequisite Worksheet page, do I enter all my classes? or just the prereqs? I majored in Biology and I took alot of Bio classes. Kind of confused here

Im in the process of turning in my Supplement( I know... its late). For the Prerequisite Worksheet page, do I enter all my classes? or just the prereqs? I majored in Biology and I took alot of Bio classes. Kind of confused here
I think it is just the prereqs on those pages

I submitted my applications yesterday. Hoping for an interview!

Reactions: 1 users
fingers crossed! I'm still hoping for an interview to this school. they have had my application for a little while now and i've talked to the admissions over the phone during the fall semester. Congrats on everyone getting in!

Hi, I also got accepted at Pacific and I'm thinking of sharing a house/2-3 bedroom apartment (still need to look). Anyone interested in looking for housemates? I'll be moving there from California (bay area).

Last edited:
for those of you who had interviews, what was your attire? Did you bring a purse? (the ladies) What type of attires you saw other applicants wearing? Were there a lot of black, navy blue, gray, white? Thank you very much!

for those of you who had interviews, what was your attire? Did you bring a purse? (the ladies) What type of attires you saw other applicants wearing? Were there a lot of black, navy blue, gray, white? Thank you very much!
It's business formal. Definitely wear neutral colors. With that being said though, don't break the bank on it. Couldn't tell you about the purses.

It doesnt matter what you wear, dont over think it. Look professional, and focus on nailing the interview. Practice talking in the mirror and answer the questions with confidence and conviction.... and BOOM you're in.

I agree w/ @Hart1086 ... just be yourself, if you would normally wear a bright pink blouse, DO IT. They want to see you and your personality.
As for the purses, it would have been easier without a purse. Or wear a crossbody. You do some walking.

I agree w/ @Hart1086 ... just be yourself, if you would normally wear a bright pink blouse, DO IT. They want to see you and your personality.
As for the purses, it would have been easier without a purse. Or wear a crossbody. You do some walking.
DON'T DO the bright pink blouse... It is still business proffesional. You can be yourself with your personality, but if you show up with a mohawk no one is going to hire you.

I've submitted my pharmcas and supplemental app back in December, how long did it take you guys to hear back from them for an interview?

Edit: Nevermind, just received an email for an interview!

Last edited:
DON'T DO the bright pink blouse... It is still business proffesional. You can be yourself with your personality, but if you show up with a mohawk no one is going to hire you.
Don't forget, it is Portland. Weird is welcome! Lol

Anyone else feeling a bit overwhelmed by the Portland area's rental market? I mean it's nothing like SF or NYC but for a city its size...

Anyone else feeling a bit overwhelmed by the Portland area's rental market? I mean it's nothing like SF or NYC but for a city its size...
One of the current students said a good amount of students live in Beaverton... Its in the middle of Portland and Hillsboro, that's the main area I'm looking in. That and off the MAX line for commuting.

Yeah, I've been checking that area out as well. Still seems overpriced for what it is though, $1300+ for an 80s-90s style apartment that usually needs to be renovated. Anything less than that and then you start seeing just terrible apartment reviews. I guess it's expected with one of the tightest rental markets in the nation right now.

Yeah, I've been checking that area out as well. Still seems overpriced for what it is though, $1300+ for an 80s-90s style apartment that usually needs to be renovated. Anything less than that and then you start seeing just terrible apartment reviews. I guess it's expected with one of the tightest rental markets in the nation right now.
Yeah it's definitely more than I pay in Phoenix... I saw some nice places on apartments.com, around 1200-1300 for a one bedroom though

Yeah no kidding, we pay $650 for a 1 bedroom to live next to a golf course up against South Mountain.
Oh you're from az as well? Nice! We can go through sunshine withdrawals together ;)

Hey guys I'm from AZ and have an interview tomorrow! I checked out the area around the school and there didn't seem to be a lot of apartment options. Does anyone know of places to live around the area? I was also wondering if anyone remembered some of the interview questions and would be willing to share? Thanks!

Hey guys I'm from AZ and have an interview tomorrow! I checked out the area around the school and there didn't seem to be a lot of apartment options. Does anyone know of places to live around the area? I was also wondering if anyone remembered some of the interview questions and would be willing to share? Thanks!
Awesome, good luck to you! You will do great :) nice to see more AZ folks making their way out to Oregon!
And refer to the posts above for some info on the interview and also places to stay, I've been checking out Beaverton which is right in between Portland and Hillsboro (where Pacific is).

I guess in summary, the interview was very laid back in my opinion. I felt very comfortable with the student and faculty (just two people) who interviewed me. By the end we were choppin' it up about our favorite baseball teams lol. I think they genuinely just want to get to know you and make sure you are a good fit for the school. You are already qualified to go there, the interview is just to seal the deal! Don't stress too much, enjoy your time there!

Yeah, Beaverton and the surrounding other suburbs seem to be the best bet so far. Price wise it seems to be 1000-1300 for a 600-700 sq ft 1 bedroom out there which will fetch you a 500 sq ft 100 year old apartment with no washer/dryer etc in Portland. How'd you do on your interview?

I had my interview on 1/30. I thought it went well but haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else from the 1/30 interview hear back yet? All the ambassadors I talked to said they got the acceptance call within just a few days of their interviews.

I had my interview on 1/30. I thought it went well but haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else from the 1/30 interview hear back yet? All the ambassadors I talked to said they got the acceptance call within just a few days of their interviews.
I interviewed the same day. Nothing yet, not too worried. Faculty said they would make decisions by the 12th right?

I interviewed the same day. Nothing yet, not too worried. Faculty said they would make decisions by the 12th right?
Yeah, I guess I'm just worrying for nothing. I was hoping to hear back before my interview with OSU, since Pacfic is my top choice.

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess I'm just worrying for nothing. I was hoping to hear back before my interview with OSU, since Pacfic is my top choice.
Don't worry! I heard back from them almost 2 weeks after my interview.

anyone received the financial aid reminder? Does it mean anything? I am getting paranoid!

Yeah, it's just a reminder for the people who've been putting off filling out their FAFSA.