Pacific University, Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!
Congrats! Me too! Before I went to the interview it wasn't my #1 school of choice, but after leaving the interview it was the ONLY school I wanted to go to!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call today...Accepted to PacificU...so happy! Interviewed on Nov 19. Update your status peeps

Last edited:
My calc credit was AP Calc from high school, I'm a current P2.

As per the link,

"AP credit (must show proof of a 4 or 5 on the exam) is acceptable for non-science courses."

"Does your program accept AP credits for prerequisite coursework? No"

I am weary of how new the school is and the lower naplex pass rates than most California schools. I like the price and location. I'm just worried that the curriculum and training might be a little lacking. Any thoughts? I've been accepted in CA as well but the price is so high.

The school has been around since 2006 and is fully accredited till 2023. The curriculum seems pretty solid to me. Just check the site.

Sent from my SM-G935P using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I am weary of how new the school is and the lower naplex pass rates than most California schools. I like the price and location. I'm just worried that the curriculum and training might be a little lacking. Any thoughts? I've been accepted in CA as well but the price is so high.

From looking at their scores, they look around average for first time pass rate. I think three-year programs in general have a lower passing rate since they require you to learn information at a much faster pace. The school's been around for around 10 years which isn't old, but it's not completely new either so I have confidence in their curriculum.

https://nabp.pharmacy/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/NAPLEX_PassRates_2015.pdf

From looking at their scores, they look around average for first time pass rate. I think three-year programs in general have a lower passing rate since they require you to learn information at a much faster pace. The school's been around for around 10 years which isn't old, but it's not completely new either so I have confidence in their curriculum.

I never thought about it from the perspective of it being a 3 year so it's more rigorous. I have heard of more people that failed out of 3 year programs so that makes more sense. I have been leaning more toward this school the whole time. I'm probably just nervous to move away from where I am established.

The pass rate is definitely pretty good. Better than average. There are lots of 4 year schools on that list who have lower passing rates (see pdf). I think this is a good indication of the quality of the program and the curriculum. I definitely left the school after the interview feeling pretty good about the program.

I never thought about it from the perspective of it being a 3 year so it's more rigorous. I have heard of more people that failed out of 3 year programs so that makes more sense. I have been leaning more toward this school the whole time. I'm probably just nervous to move away from where I am established.
As a current student, I can say that it is a very intense program with high standards. As long as you are capable of managing your time and staying on top of things, I don't think you will be at a disadvantage for the NAPLEX. One of the main benefits for me is the 3 year program means 1 less year of paying tuition/rent, and being able to work and earn money a year earlier.

Do any current/past students have any input on the block schedule of Pacific Uni? Do you like/dislike it, maybe pros and cons? Thank you!

As a current student, I can say that it is a very intense program with high standards. As long as you are capable of managing your time and staying on top of things, I don't think you will be at a disadvantage for the NAPLEX. One of the main benefits for me is the 3 year program means 1 less year of paying tuition/rent, and being able to work and earn money a year earlier.
That's what I like as well. I feel like I will be able to handle it. Thanks for the input. I will probably be on my way there next year.

Anyone inteviewed recently? Heard from the school? Paid the deposit?

Anyone inteviewed recently? Heard from the school? Paid the deposit?

I put the deposit but interviewed in november. I'm still waiting to hear back from one other school before I make my final decision but it's either pacific or the other. I'm torn between the two but I haven't even been accepted yet. Haha

I put the deposit but interviewed in november. I'm still waiting to hear back from one other school before I make my final decision but it's either pacific or the other. I'm torn between the two but I haven't even been accepted yet. Haha
Lol..would you mind sharing the name of the other school?

Sent from my SM-G935P using SDN mobile app

Lol..would you mind sharing the name of the other school?

Sent from my SM-G935P using SDN mobile app
Haha I didn't even think about it. It's ucsd. I got accepted everywhere else in CA but I am trying to keep costs down. Pacific is cheaper than ucsd which is a public school and pacific is only 3 years. But I feel like I may have more opportunity from ucsd and I wouldn't have to move far since I live in southern California. I don't know what to do. I feel like the interview went well, but I won't know for a while.

Haha I didn't even think about it. It's ucsd. I got accepted everywhere else in CA but I am trying to keep costs down. Pacific is cheaper than ucsd which is a public school and pacific is only 3 years. But I feel like I may have more opportunity from ucsd and I wouldn't have to move far since I live in southern California. I don't know what to do. I feel like the interview went well, but I won't know for a while.
Good luck with ucsd! So you've placed deposit only for PacificU thus far?

Good luck with ucsd! So you've placed deposit only for PacificU thus far?

Yes. I couldn't imagine spending 200k at all the other schools in CA. Are you going to pacific? Or where else are you considering?

Yes. I couldn't imagine spending 200k at all the other schools in CA. Are you going to pacific? Or where else are you considering?
I've paid the deposit for pacific. I like the 3 year program and cheaper tuition, even though, there will be living costs. Where in Cali have you applied? I've applied to western and touro

I've paid the deposit for pacific. I like the 3 year program and cheaper tuition, even though, there will be living costs. Where in Cali have you applied? I've applied to western and touro

I Got accepted to western. I turned down the interview for touro after I went to uop and decided I didn't want to live in northern California, especially near the bay because it was too expensive. Cost of living is definitely cheaper in oregon from what I've seen. I'm just worried about finding a place that will take my dogs too. But I'll run into that everywhere. I'm hoping to find some people to go in on a house though.

I Got accepted to western. I turned down the interview for touro after I went to uop and decided I didn't want to live in northern California, especially near the bay because it was too expensive. Cost of living is definitely cheaper in oregon from what I've seen. I'm just worried about finding a place that will take my dogs too. But I'll run into that everywhere. I'm hoping to find some people to go in on a house though.
So you turned down western acceptance?
Cost of m living is definitely cheaper in Oregon. Im not sure what kind of living situation ill end up having. Open to sharing an apartment or house. House probably better, especially 4 U since you have dogs. joined the facebook group? I just realized that we both were at Pacific on Nov 19. What group were you in?

Last edited:
So you turned down western acceptance?
Cost of m living is definitely cheaper in Oregon. Im not sure what kind of living situation ill end up having. Open to sharing an apartment or house. House probably better, especially 4 U since you have dogs. joined the facebook group? I just realized that we both were at Pacific on Nov 19. What group were you in?

I was already weary of the cost of western and then I was looking through the schedule and you apparently only get one summer off over the whole 4 years. If I'm going to do a 4 year I'm doing it for the summers. Haha. So I figured it wasn't worth it. Especially since I had the interview at ucsd.
I prefer a house but my dogs are lazy so an apartment would probably work. I think with one or two other people it would be cheap enough. My longterm boyfriend is following me if I go there so we will probably take a higher portion of rent too.
Yeah I'm in the group. My name is Courtney if you want to send a friend request. I don't remember what group it was. I would have to look at my badge if I didn't throw it away. Haha

Do any current/past students have any input on the block schedule of Pacific Uni? Do you like/dislike it, maybe pros and cons? Thank you!

Hello, I'm a P3 from Pacific University. There are definite pros and cons to the block system. Pro: you get to focus on one course at a time (in additional to your longitudinal courses) so you become proficient in each subject. Cons: FAST-paced, loads of information jam-packed into 1.5 weeks, and exams every other week. Since Pacific is an accelerated 3-year program, there will be a lot of information to cover in this short period of time. Also, with the required 90% passing score for every exam, those first 2 years of didactics will be challenging. However, the faculty and current students are very supportive and all want you to succeed.

From personal experience, it was a struggle going through it at the time but everything was doable - just need to be smart with your studying and time. Looking back now, I'm glad we had a block schedule as opposed to a traditional midterm/final exam schedule since I was able to direct my focus much better.

Hope this helps!

I had my interview on last Friday 10th March. Do you guys think I still have a chance to get into? I'm so worried

I had my interview on last Friday 10th March. Do you guys think I still have a chance to get into? I'm so worried
You will find out by next wed 100% prob by March 21
I had mine on march 10th as well. I believe they told us, that they will give us a call if accepted within a week or two. But i cant help myself from checking my phone & my email every hour or so.

I had mine on march 10th as well. I believe they told us, that they will give us a call if accepted within a week or two. But i cant help myself from checking my phone & my email every hour or so.

I also interviewed on the 10th. I'm hoping for good news, hope you both hear good news as well! I really liked the program and the environment. Can't wait to hear back!

I also interviewed on the 10th. I'm hoping for good news, hope you both hear good news as well! I really liked the program and the environment. Can't wait to hear back!

Reactions: 1 users
Have you guys completed all the prerequisites yet? I still have some classes so I'm worried if they let me in waitlist or committee hold. I keep checking my phone and my email every hour.

Hey guys. I just received a call from them today. I got accepted! I feel super happy. I'm looking forward to seeing all you guys in August.
@lamtheyeti and @AJYC23 Good luck for both of you guys, I believe they will let you guys know soon.

Hey guys. I just received a call from them today. I got accepted! I feel super happy. I'm looking forward to seeing all you guys in August.
@lamtheyeti and @AJYC23 Good luck for both of you guys, I believe they will let you guys know soon.

just got a call from them too. got accepted !!

I received a call earlier and was offered acceptance as well! Congrats Guys!

I was placed on hold since January 13th. I never taught that they would reject me since all other schools offered me admission. But UOP is my first choice. Do you guys think that there will be any chance for me? I have a MSc in Cellular Biology and 2 published research papers. I did bad on writing portion only and I guess that one ruined my chance. :(

I was placed on hold since January 13th. I never taught that they would reject me since all other schools offered me admission. But UOP is my first choice. Do you guys think that there will be any chance for me? I have a MSc in Cellular Biology and 2 published research papers. I did bad on writing portion only and I guess that one ruined my chance. :(

This is not UOP forum...Pacific University of Oregon. Thank you.

Congrats! Do you like the program? I want to apply to the school and I do not know anyone who went there before! Do they have good staff? And do they offer tutoring? Is their grading system a pass or fail? I read online that the passing grade was 80%, is that true? What happens if a student fails a class? Is there a chance to retake it or you graduate a year later?
Thanks in advance :)
I received a call from my interviewer today! I got accepted!

What was the question for the written portion?
The written portion is in the beginning and not done during the interview. It's pretty standard questions, and the whole interview isn't too stressful in general. Below is a link to questions they ask based on past interviews. Don't depend entirely on that though, because they do ask followup questions.

Congrats! Do you like the program? I want to apply to the school and I do not know anyone who went there before! Do they have good staff? And do they offer tutoring? Is their grading system a pass or fail? I read online that the passing grade was 80%, is that true? What happens if a student fails a class? Is there a chance to retake it or you graduate a year later?
Thanks in advance :)

The passing grade is 90%, but you can get an extra 5 points if your group gets 95%+ on your group exam, so it technically is pass or fail but the cut off for passing is much much higher than in undergrad. If a student gets less than 90% on the Friday exam, there's a re-exam on Monday. If he or she doesn't get a 90% on that there's an extended learning opportunity that eats into your winter break or summer break. If he or she doesn't get at least a 90% on that then they are held back a year. Hope that helps!

It's a great program, but it can be pretty stressful and challenging.

Hi, I'm a current P2 at Pacific University in Oregon. If anyone has any questions about the interview process or what Pacific's school of pharmacy is like, please let me know!!
:)
Hello,

I'm currently waiting for an interview with Pacific University Pharmacy School. I applied as ED for 2021 term. May I ask how is a typical day for Pharmacy student for those 3 years?