Program-Specific Info / Q's Pacific University Doctorate of OT Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

labailarina11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who interviewed on the 6th of Feb, do you know when we will start to hear back. I asked something along those lines during my interview, but the people who were interviewing me were alumni and didn't know for sure.

Members don't see this ad.

No I completely forgot to ask. I was interviewed by alumni too so I didn't even think to ask them!

I asked my group leader and she said she was told that it would be around March 20th after they have done the second day of interviews. She also said last year they were a couple of weeks behind sending out acceptances after the date they anticipated getting back to people so she said not to stress if we still hadn't heard anything by then.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back about the second interview date yet?

Has anyone heard back about the second interview date yet?
Hi 12willett. I just heard back this morning that I received an interview! I'm so excited. Have you heard anything yet?!

Reactions: 1 user
Also, does anyone know how many interview days there are, and how many people are interviewed?

For those who have interviewed.....how did it go?!

For those who interviewed on the 6th of Feb, do you know when we will start to hear back. I asked something along those lines during my interview, but the people who were interviewing me were alumni and didn't know for sure.
How did your interview go?

Hey guys! Was wondering if anyone who interviewed asked when we should hear back by. Anxiously awaiting for a decision phone call/email:dead:

Good luck everyone!

I just interviewed last weekend. It was very tiring. I was in the last group to interview, and I was one of the last to be interviewed in the last group. So, I was tired. It's hard to say how well I did; however, I felt that I gave strong answers, but you just never know! Fingers crossed. I think they will us us know by the end of next week. 3/26/16 -ish.

I was in the March group as well. I believe they said they would start sending out acceptances around March 25...but we'll just have to wait and see. Lol I was totally exhausted afterwards too, excited and jittery, but exhausted. I'm also terrible at reading that sort of situation...I think I had good answers, but I always second guess afterwards.

UPDATE: Annnnd the waitlist it is for me. I just got notified today (3/22) via email.

Last edited:
I was in the March group as well. I believe they said they would start sending out acceptances around March 25...but we'll just have to wait and see. Lol I was totally exhausted afterwards too, excited and jittery, but exhausted. I'm also terrible at reading that sort of situation...I think I had good answers, but I always second guess afterwards.

UPDATE: Annnnd the waitlist it is for me. I just got notified today (3/22) via email.
Congrats on getting on the wait list!! Did they give you a number or tier?

Can't believe decision emails have already started to be sent. Officially freaking out now. Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad :)
A couple of us have heard we're on the waitlist. No one on here has said anything about an acceptance though.

I got in touch with Jon-Erik today and he said he's been out of the office until 2:00 today which was longer than expected. He said a few decisions have gone out already but most haven't. They're hoping to meet as a group tomorrow and get the rest of decisions out late this week or early next week. Good luck everyone!

I just got an email at noon today and was put on Tier 2 (1 being top, 4 being highly unlikely) waitlist.

They said this year was the most applications and the highest qualified people yet, so don't be discouraged!

A year off from classes will be a blessing in disguise ;)

Just got a call from Jon-Erik about being accepted!!!! :soexcited: this is my dream school!!

He said the committee just finished meeting and letters should be arriving next week. Good luck everyone!!

Just got a call from Jon-Erik about being accepted!!!! :soexcited: this is my dream school!!

He said the committee just finished meeting and letters should be arriving next week. Good luck everyone!!
Congrats!!!

What were your stats for reference?

I just got an email at noon today and was put on Tier 2 (1 being top, 4 being highly unlikely) waitlist.

They said this year was the most applications and the highest qualified people yet, so don't be discouraged!

A year off from classes will be a blessing in disguise ;)

I got the waitlist too... feeling optimistic though! Congrats and good luck!!

CONGRATS!!! I'm on the waitlist now, but all my fingers are crossed that I'll be right there with you! So happy you got your dream school :)

Thanks @labailarina11!! I really hope you get in also! Here are my stats. They're not terribly impressive but I think I made up for my low stats with a volunteer trip abroad, a good personal statement, strong recommendations, and clear intent of what my goals are. I also had a great experience during interview day. I interviewed with a staff member and current third year and they said my answer for "what is OT?" was one of the best they heard so that made me feel really good about how the interview went.

Undergrad gpa: 3.2
Major: Communication Studies and Advertising
Pre-req gpa: 4.0
Two lor: 1 OT, 1 clinical director from work
Work: 3 yrs as behavioral interventionist
Volunteer/observation: 205 hours- pediatric clinic, 27 hours- hand clinic, 80 hours- disabled daycare abroad, 30 hours- hippotherapy,

@AbigailFS Thank you!! I'm crossing my fingers for you too!! I really hope you get in! Good luck with everything! The wait is always the worst part =(

Last edited:
Just wanted to give a quick update for those who might be waiting. The letter says we have until April 15th to confirm our position so hopefully you guys will hear more after that date. Good luck!

Anyone else planning to attend pacific in the fall?

I am in Tier 3. So, pretty unlikely, and when I found out, pretty heartbroken. I'm just feeling what I feel as fully as I can, taking the time and space I need to grieve and accept.

I am in Tier 3. So, pretty unlikely, and when I found out, pretty heartbroken. I'm just feeling what I feel as fully as I can, taking the time and space I need to grieve and accept.

:( I'm so sorry to hear! News like that is never easy to receive, especially after pouring your heart and soul into something like applying to schools. I hope you're able to move past this and continue to pursue OT if that's something that you really want. There are tons of other schools out there or, if Pacific is where you know you want to be, take a year and reapply with an even stronger app! You've got this! Let me know if there is any way I can help.

Good luck!

I got in!! Just came across this forum. Anyone else who got in also live in the Portland area? I'm excited to start meeting some of my cohort :)

Reactions: 2 users
I got in!! Just came across this forum. Anyone else who got in also live in the Portland area? I'm excited to start meeting some of my cohort :)

Congrats! That's so awesome! I'm not in, but I got first tier on the waitlist so I'm really really hoping that I get an offer soon :) I live down near Tigard in Tualatin!

Anyone from the waitlist hear any news lately? I'm chomping at the bit... they said the first tier has a high chance of getting in but I'm so nervous!

I just found out I got in!!! I am beside myself... I still can't believe it. I'd love to meet up sometime!