Pacific University Oregon Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks, Teva, and Hckyplyr, for your helpful replies. :) I think I might stay there too, but not sure yet if I will walk or take a taxi (I'm not so sure about walking even for 10min in high heels hehe). But I'm definitely excited to meet some of you guys in the upcoming weeks on the interview day. :):luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry about you being on hold, Teva.. but please don't lose hope; it could turn out to be good at the end. I don't even know if I could get even that (crossed-fingers, of course we all hope that we will do well enough).

I think I'm staying there also. I've got the Nov. 14th interview invite. Woo!
Congrats on your interview! I'm flying into Portland at 5:12pm friday night, then taking the MAX to the school drop off. Apparently its $2.50 to take the max, can't go wrong there. I'm getting dropped off in front of the school the night prior, then walking to the econolodge. That way, Sat morning I know where the hell I'm going..haha. I checked mapquest just now and the walk is apparently .38 miles. I can do that (Maybe not autumnsteps with those 3in heels...haha). But if there is a cab available in the morning I'll probably take that option too. I'm coming from Buffalo, NY and feel lost coming out here alone. But its a good feeling knowing I'm not the only one going through all this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your interview! I'm flying into Portland at 5:12pm friday night, then taking the MAX to the school drop off. Apparently its $2.50 to take the max, can't go wrong there. I'm getting dropped off in front of the school the night prior, then walking to the econolodge. That way, Sat morning I know where the hell I'm going..haha. I checked mapquest just now and the walk is apparently .38 miles. I can do that (Maybe not autumnsteps with those 3in heels...haha). But if there is a cab available in the morning I'll probably take that option too. I'm coming from Buffalo, NY and feel lost coming out here alone. But its a good feeling knowing I'm not the only one going through all this.

I'm flying into Portland around 3 in the afternoon then renting a car and driving to Hillsboro. I kind of want to walk around and see if I can make the walk from the hotel to campus.. then just get familiar with the overall area. Haha I probably won't wear heels just so I can be more mobile ;)

I am placed on committee hold. I feel like that is equal to a rejection. :bang:

Has anyone received an acceptance after being on committee hold? That is not the same as being wait listed right? Anyone been in this same situation? :cry:

I was on committee hold from November until June... It does not mean you are rejected - Some incredible students were pulled directly from the committee hold pool.

Hi,
I am placed on committee hold for Pacific of Oregon. Does anyone know how long I have to wait usually? And do they really pull from the hold list??It's a torture to wait and wait and wait. Please let me know you know or have been in the same situation. Thanks

Hi,
I am placed on committee hold for Pacific of Oregon. Does anyone know how long I have to wait usually? And do they really pull from the hold list??It's a torture to wait and wait and wait. Please let me know you know or have been in the same situation. Thanks

See previous post :)

It could be a long wait, since they will hold your file until they review all remaining applicants later in the cycle. But as aboveliquidice says, they DO pull from the hold list.

Good luck!

Did all of you who have interviews on Nov. 14 submit the supplemental by the early decision deadline?

Hey guys!
I just submit my pharmcas application on nov 2 and I am kinda worry...what are my chances??is it too late?? anyone did it before?? please let me know thanks

I see that your are online know can u help me I just applied for UOP please need help

Last edited:
I would start by posting in the University of the Pacific thread - Pacific University is a different school

I applied to pacific university oregon,and i see that most of us in that forum also applied there that is why I asked help in that forum...

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to pacific university oregon,and i see that most of us in that forum also applied there that is why I asked help in that forum...

See previous post :)

It could be a long wait, since they will hold your file until they review all remaining applicants later in the cycle. But as aboveliquidice says, they DO pull from the hold list.

Good luck!

I have a question, I send my application nov 2 do you think that it was too late and i have few chances to get in??? please let me know

I have a question, I send my application nov 2 do you think that it was too late and i have few chances to get in??? please let me know

Without your experiences and stats, it's also hard to determine your chances. As long as you meet Pacific's requirements (gpa, letters, prereqs) and have the application submitted by the deadline, you will have a chance. My best advice is to be patient and hopeful. Good luck.

To those who will interview this week (Nov 14), I booked the latest flight available to go home (LAX) after the interview, but it leaves at 6pm Saturday. My dilemma is that I'm not sure if I will be able to make it to the PDX in time for my flight using the MAX transit. This application process is definitely financially draining so I'm looking for anyone who has similar time departures and would like to split carpooling or shuttling services. I just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone's interested and if you are, PM me. Thanks! I'll see everyone there Saturday!

To those who will interview this week (Nov 14), I booked the latest flight available to go home (LAX) after the interview, but it leaves at 6pm Saturday. My dilemma is that I'm not sure if I will be able to make it to the PDX in time for my flight using the MAX transit. This application process is definitely financially draining so I'm looking for anyone who has similar time departures and would like to split carpooling or shuttling services. I just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone's interested and if you are, PM me. Thanks! I'll see everyone there Saturday!

I was in the same situation as you on my interview date. My flight left at 5:50 PM from PDX..and I took the MAX directly from the school to the airport and I got there in time! So it is possible!

I was in the same situation as you on my interview date. My flight left at 5:50 PM from PDX..and I took the MAX directly from the school to the airport and I got there in time! So it is possible!

phew, that makes me feel better. thanks xXsMiLeXx!

My flight leaves from PDX at 8:30pm and arrives in LA at 10:35pm. I am taking a shuttle from the school to the airport after the interview. So if you want to join, let me know :)

My flight leaves from PDX at 8:30pm and arrives in LA at 10:35pm. I am taking a shuttle from the school to the airport after the interview. So if you want to join, let me know :)

grannyli87, that's really sweet of you, but our flight departures don't match. I need to be at the airport by 6pm and if we shuttle together that means mucho waiting time for you.:( Thanks for your consideration though!

grannyli87, that's really sweet of you, but our flight departures don't match. I need to be at the airport by 6pm and if we shuttle together that means mucho waiting time for you.:( Thanks for your consideration though!

If anyone has any questions about this school or the area, I would be happy to answer those for you. I am a current student.

how long will we hear back from them. I had an interview on nov 14

they made their program sound like a very good program. students are friendly. i got very impressed. what do you guys think about their program and learning environment, students, faculty.

I accepted the offer the moment they offered. Everything about this school is impressive and amazing. I felt home, so I hope many of you felt the same way.

Was it raining this saturday?

it wasn't raining but VERY foggy during the morning. i felt like i was walking through Silent Hill...lol

anywho, i absolutely LOVE the school. the faculty and students are absolutely amazing and are VERY friendly. the whole day was LOONNNNNGGGGG but i had lots of fun, especially the team activity.

now for the actual interview, one guy didn't even look at me when i spoke to answer his questions...bad sign? i did manage to get a laugh outta him when he asked me a question on chemistry.

my reply: "i hope so". and he actually laughed. :laugh:

i was glad to have witnessed such an amazing school. but if i don't get accepted, it's not the end of the world. i met some amazing people on interview day; best of luck to you all! :xf:

Last edited:
Does anyone know the next interview date?

the next interview date is sometime in january, i believe the 23rd.

waiting too, i love this school especially super friendly students

I got few PMs. Here is some useful info about our school to clear confusions.

THE DATA SEEMS TO BE FROM LAST YEAR CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR MORE RECENT INFORMATION.
DESCRIPTION

Pacific University was founded in 1849 by Congregational pioneers, serving for many years as a home for orphans of the Oregon Trail.
Pacific University has the distinction of being the second oldest university west of the Mississippi River.
The University is located at the base of the beautiful coastal mountain range on 55 acres in downtown Forest Grove, a small community approximately 24 miles west of Portland. Students participate in a variety of student organizations and professional fraternities. Student government coordinates student organization activities, ensure student input in School decisions, and promote professionalism.
Entering students agree to abide by the School�s Pledge of Professionalism,
Code of Ethics, and other school policies governing professional and academic behavior.
The mission of the School of Pharmacy is to provide an educational environment that values excellence in teaching, learning and research, preparing students to provide competent, ethical and compassionate patient centered pharmaceutical care to a diverse population in a changing healthcare environment.
The School is dedicated to exemplary student-centered education, fostering scholarship, teamwork, professionalism, service, and high ethical standards with a focus on integration of knowledge, cultural competence, and critical thinking.
The mission of the School of Pharmacy is compatible with the mission of Pacific University and has the full support and approval of the administration as well as the Board of Trustees.

CURRICULUM
The School of Pharmacy offers a 3-year professional curriculum leading to the Doctor of Pharmacy degree.
The curriculum is composed of two didactic years followed by one clinical clerkship year. During the first two academic years, students will spendone day every other week in a patient care pharmacy setting gaining experience that supports the classroom material.
The curriculum is based on a modified-block design that allows the sequential delivery of courses rather than the more traditional method of teaching multiple courses concurrently. Students are not assigned letter grades in the curriculum but are instead assigned either a �pass� or �no-pass� based on achievement of 90% of stated competencies.
Students are assessed every two weeks during the first 2 years of the curriculum. Students who do not achieve the necessary level of competence are given opportunities for extended learning. Extended learning opportunities follow each assessment and during a dedicated period in the summer.
The curriculum places an emphasis on integration of knowledge, critical thinking, and utilization of evidence based principles.

PHARMCAS
YES

PCAT
No

TUITION
2005 State Resident: 30000 Non-Resident: 30000 Fees Mandatory: 945 Optional: 0
2006 State Resident: 30000 Non-Resident: 30000 Fees Mandatory: 945 Optional: 0
2007 State Resident: 33000 Non-Resident: 33000 Fees Mandatory: 4940 Optional: 2400

ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Applicants to the program are required to submit the Pacific University School of Pharmacy application form. The application may be downloaded in a PDF file format from the University�s website. A traditional paper format can also be obtained by contacting the Office of Admissions. The preferred deadline for applications is October 1. The final deadline for submitting applications is December 1. Admission is highly selective and enrollment to the School of Pharmacy is limited. To be eligible for admission, students must meet prerequisite requirements by the date of enrollment. First-time pharmacy student admission is offered only into the first professional year. Due to the 3-year modified block curriculum, the School will evaluate students who wish to transfer on a case-by-case basis and will conduct a student interview.
Required Coursework
Course Semester Hours
General Biology w/lab ………..8
Microbiology ……….3
Human Anatomy & Physiology w/lab ……….8
General Chemistry w/lab ……….8
Organic Chemistry w/lab ……….8
Physics w/lab ……….3
Calculus ……….3
English Composition (3 hrs of composition) ……….6
Accreditation Status
YES

Admitted Student Profile
Average: 3.25
Range: 21-51
Admitted-Ratio: 7.6:1

ADDRESS
School of Pharmacy Office of Admissions
Pacific University
222 SE 8th Avenue Suite 212
Hillsboro, OR 97123
503-352-7225

Visit: Pacific University - School of Pharmacy
http://www.pacificu.edu/

SOURCE:http://www.uspharmd.com/school/pharmacy/Pacific_University.html

I got a call from Lonnie too! Congrats to everyone! See you all in August! WOOHOO! :love::)

committee hold. Hix..hix..
for people who had interview on nov 14, and dont get accepted like me. all of us are placed in committee hold or just some of us?

I had my interview on Nov 14th and Lonnie called me this evening to let me know I got in! I feel bad because I didn't seem all that excited but I am! I'm thrilled. Anyway, congrats to all of those who got in and for those who didn't stay positive! It's really important to stay positive no matter what happens. :);):):thumbup: Anyone get in elsewhere??? Anyone planning on attending Pacific in the Fall???

i'm on committee hold...so bummed right now. :(

let the waiting begin.

I also received a call from Lonnie this afternoon with the good news. I look forward to seeing you all next August and for those on hold stay positive and best of luck.

I had my interview date on the 14th & received a call from Lonnie this evening. Very excited indeed!! :)

Yay to everyone who got in! I got my acceptance phone call today too!!!! I'm glad we found out before Thanksgiving and that we have more than 2 weeks to think about putting down a deposit :) Have a great Thanksgiving holiday!!!!!!

So I applied for "regular decision" (after the priority deadline). When should I expect to hear back about a possible interview? I contacted folks in admissions about a month ago and was told that I'd hear back in 2 weeks. Has anyone heard anything yet?

So I applied for "regular decision" (after the priority deadline). When should I expect to hear back about a possible interview? I contacted folks in admissions about a month ago and was told that I'd hear back in 2 weeks. Has anyone heard anything yet?

I don't know if this helps, but I had my interview 11/14 - the invitation was approximately 3 weeks prior to that (10/27). So if the next interview date is 1/23, you should receive an invitation around late Dec./early Jan.

Lonnie called me yesterday, too! Weeeeeeeee! I was so excited yesterday that I skipped on over to the grocery store and bought some ice cream so I could celebrate with my parents. haha Congrats to everyone accepted!

Congrats to you guys!!!! Welcome :)

Just out of curiosity, do you guys mind sharing your stats.

There is so much more to it than stats, but I'll share my numbers with you.

3.96 cum
4.00 science

Please pm me if you would like any additional information.

Hey twhughe,

thanks though, actually this info is not for me, I got in also. I have a roommate who went on the same interview as me, but still on committee hold. The only info we have (for this year) to compare was my stats, so I posted the question, so we can see if he should just go to other schools and not wait for PU.

I do realize it was more than the stats!!! I really am looking forward to meeting you all this AUGUST!!! It was a great thanksgiving for me yesterday, I hope you all had the same.