Pacific University Oregon Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you have any bachelor or experience in pharmacy or healthcare?

I'm a junior undergrad. I have worked as a general chemistry lab TA for one term, shadowed for a week in my cousin's pharmacy, and have attended 2 OSPA and 2 OSHP pharmacy conventions. I'm currently volunteering at the in-patient pharmacy at the hospital in Corvallis. How bout you?

Members don't see this ad.

Per Pacific: "It is recommended that all required coursework be completed within seven calendar years of the time of application to the program, especially for science courses."
It is not a requirement or a limit. Many of my science courses including Gen Chem were completed greater than 7 years ago. They didn't seem to mind! Don't let that hold you back! Apply and see what happens!

thanks! i will definetly apply next year then. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a junior undergrad. I have worked as a general chemistry lab TA for one term, shadowed for a week in my cousin's pharmacy, and have attended 2 OSPA and 2 OSHP pharmacy conventions. I'm currently volunteering at the in-patient pharmacy at the hospital in Corvallis. How bout you?

I am also a junior undergrad, but I have not that much work experience. I only tutored chemistry/math in school and volunteer. But yea that's all! how was your interview ? i hope it went well! good luck and keep us posted..

I still have not heard from Oregon since they said that they received all my app materials. Should I count the school out?:scared:

I am also a junior undergrad, but I have not that much work experience. I only tutored chemistry/math in school and volunteer. But yea that's all! how was your interview ? i hope it went well! good luck and keep us posted..

Yeah, you should definitely try getting some experience in a pharmacy, even if it is just volunteering for a little while. Get some exposure so they know that you kind of know what you are getting into. My interview is on January 23rd!!! Thanks. I will definitely keep you guys posted and let you know how it goes, since nobody else will answer my question about how their interview went : / Oh well.

I still have not heard from Oregon since they said that they received all my app materials. Should I count the school out?:scared:

Yeah, definitely don't count them out yet. I got invited to the one on January 23rd, and I didn't receive my invite until 2-3 weeks prior. And there is still one more interview date left, on February 13th. Best of luck!!!

i'm interviewing on 1/23 and was wondering if anyone wanted to share a hotel room to split the cost and/or taxi-ride from the airport or the max-train to a hotel nearby to the school (my flight comes into pdx at 3:30pm). please message me if you're interested.

I was accepted to Oregon and already sent in my deposit I think around two months ago...I'll be backing out of my spot in about a weekthough so one spot will be opening up for you guys... Hopefully someone on here gets that spot. Good luck you guys

I was accepted to Oregon and already sent in my deposit I think around two months ago...I'll be backing out of my spot in about a weekthough so one spot will be opening up for you guys... Hopefully someone on here gets that spot. Good luck you guys

Why did you withdraw from the school?

Why did you withdraw from the school?

I've been accepted to Campbell (hopefully UB at the end of this week), I'm not downplaying the reputation of the school by any means. But here are some reasons, in no particular order:
1. 3-yr vs. 4-yr program- I don't like the 90% rule of the 3yr. block. Feels like it would be too much of pump and dump of information from one exam to another.
2. WEATHER- Oregon I will grow webbed feet from all the rain,foggy weather and dampness. NC has some sick weather.
3. Oregons pharmacy school is comprised of one building in a run down area (once again, just my opinion), with only ONE small floor designated for pharmacy, 1st floor is physical therapy I think, 2nd is pharmacy, and 3rd is PA I think. Campbell has a real nice campus, nice rural area, MUCH larger pharmacy building and facilities.
4. Oregon-I'm not allowed to go home to my home state (NY) in the summer or for breaks to intern. ALL hours must be accrued in Oregon. At campbell, thats not the case.
5. Oregon-all the way across the country....Campbell-closer to home

Obviously these views are subjective and what is important to me in a pharmacy program, I feel fortunate that I was lucky enough to have the option to choose!

I've been accepted to Campbell (hopefully UB at the end of this week), I'm not downplaying the reputation of the school by any means. But here are some reasons, in no particular order:
1. 3-yr vs. 4-yr program- I don't like the 90% rule of the 3yr. block. Feels like it would be too much of pump and dump of information from one exam to another.
2. WEATHER- Oregon I will grow webbed feet from all the rain,foggy weather and dampness. NC has some sick weather.
3. Oregons pharmacy school is comprised of one building in a run down area (once again, just my opinion), with only ONE small floor designated for pharmacy, 1st floor is physical therapy I think, 2nd is pharmacy, and 3rd is PA I think. Campbell has a real nice campus, nice rural area, MUCH larger pharmacy building and facilities.
4. Oregon-I'm not allowed to go home to my home state (NY) in the summer or for breaks to intern. ALL hours must be accrued in Oregon. At campbell, thats not the case.
5. Oregon-all the way across the country....Campbell-closer to home

Obviously these views are subjective and what is important to me in a pharmacy program, I feel fortunate that I was lucky enough to have the option to choose!

Those reasons make perfect sense!! Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck to those interviewing today! :D

Has anyone heard anything from the 1/23 interview? I know they said 2 weeks, but I heard that they tend to send decisions out much earlier.

Congrats to those interviewing this past Saturday. This was one of the best interviewing groups we've had. Waiting really is the hardest part - try to be patient and occupy yourselves with everything else that is pending.

I assume Lonnie will notify us by phone if we are accepted. What about those who are waitlisted or put on hold? Were you notified by phone?

if you're put on hold, lonnie will send you an email, around the same time accepted students receive the phone call.

I interviewed January 23rd as well. I have not heard anything yet either. The anticipation is killing me!!!

I just got placed on committee hold. I don't think I feel very good about that. Anyone else get an update on their status?

I got placed on committee hold as well.

I'm on committee hold too. I sure would've preferred an acceptance, but I'm interviewing at my #1 school on Friday, so maybe this hold will save me 1000 bucks.

I guess we are in the same boat. It's unfortunate, but hopefully things work out for the best. It just sucks knowing that we might end up waiting filled with anticipation just to get a letter that begins with, "We regret to inform you..." Best of luck to you guys though.

how does the waitlist work?
do they tell you what number you are? like high/medium/low or give you a number?

to those on hold, how did you think your interview went? were you expecting this for any reason?

I also got placed on committee hold. I'm kind of bummed about it....we'll see what happens. Just gotta think positively :luck:

has anyone received an invite for the february interview?

still waiting for feb interview. I Submitted PharmCas on November 2nd! (Deadline) and submitted supplemental I believe November 10th. So I'm in the later group if I get an invite.

still waiting for feb interview. I Submitted PharmCas on November 2nd! (Deadline) and submitted supplemental I believe November 10th. So I'm in the later group if I get an invite.

me too. I might not go if I receive an interview invite because i have six interviews coming up.

I'm on committee hold, but I thought my interview went very well. It sounded like they liked what I was saying. i.e., I was getting some very good non-verbal cues. And it was very conversational. I was comfortable, and answers were genuine. I told them all about my experience in the field, how hard I work, and how I'd love to just help people in the best possible way I can.

From my angle, I see no reason why I was put on committee hold. Maybe there were some people on hold from previous interview dates who they wanted to let in. Lonnie says that they try to fill 20% of the seats after each interview date. So if there were 70 people at my interview like they said, that means that about 14 spots were filled by people either from that interview day or from the application pool (on committee hold). Just hope for the best I guess. That's my 2 cents...

Has anyone gotten into the program after being on committee hold? Like is it possible you could still get in, or is it an incredibly slim chance but they told you that just to make you feel better?

East Troutdale,
I know how you feel. I could not imagine having a better interview...I was really surprised to be put on committee hold. I don't know what I could've said or done differently. It's really frustrating.

hopefully things will work out and we'll both get accepted...I assume you're from the area too, given your name?

:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

has anyone received an invite for the february interview?

Officially Rejected!!!Man just one of many to come.....

Received the snail mail rejection letter today.:(

Has anyone gotten into the program after being on committee hold?

Is there a difference between a committe hold and waitlisted? just curious.

Received the snail mail rejection letter today.:([/QUOTE

Sorry to hear that. But I may get a rejected letter tomorrow too. Where do you live?

I also just got a letter in mail today. "Rejected"

I was really dissapointed. It says I need to take more pre-requisite courses and extra volunteering/activities.

I allready have a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree from India. I have job shadowed at Walgreen's Pharmacy and have other community volunteering experience. Just dont' get it. I didn't do well on the PCAT but, it didn't say that I need to improve on PCAT score.

I guess this school was not meant to be. Will just have to do well on the other schools that I have interview coming up.

I also just got a letter in mail today. "Rejected"

I was really dissapointed. It says I need to take more pre-requisite courses .

I guess with a 3.69 GPA is apparently not satisfying enough. I might as well switch to Dental.
Their applicant pool triple from last year so I am not shocked I am ousted. There are very strong applicants this year i guess.

I think that applying early was the best thing that I could have done to increase my chances of getting in. Luckily, I did that with several schools and got a lot of interview invites and accepted to several schools.

Perhaps, if you guys dont get in, you should consider submitting your applications within the priority deadline!

I think that applying early was the best thing that I could have done to increase my chances of getting in. Luckily, I did that with several schools and got a lot of interview invites and accepted to several schools.

Perhaps, if you guys dont get in, you should consider submitting your applications within the priority deadline!

LOL, yea rolling admissions. I didnt even get an invite yet, I applied late, but my cumulative gpa is 3.3 in all categories, 3.6 in sciences though. I'm the founder and president of a pre-pharmacy club at my school and I've been a pharm tech at walgreens for over a year now. My pharm cas transcript did not include o-chem, as i just completed in fall quarter. so maybe they want to see those grades. who knows, next year i will apply to multiple schools.

You are on the right track. Make sure to get a degree in what your doing. That alone makes you even more competitive to other candidates.

Also, keep your GPA as high as you can. My GPA post-grad was 3.94. Keep your GPA up and I'm sure you'll land several acceptances to several schools. :)

Received the snail mail rejection letter today.:(

sharing the pain, got mine today too :shrug:

did you guys get rejected before or after the interview?

Also, keep your GPA as high as you can. My GPA post-grad was 3.94. :)

My post-grad GPA was 4.0 and I still didn't get invited and I applied well within the deadline. Boo WhY?????:scared:

Rejection before an interview is a throat cutter.:confused:

As stated before - this year's applicants were very strong. Committee hold is the staging area before the alternate/wait list is generated. Not everyone on committee hold will be placed on the alt/wait list.

I was on committee hold for 4 months, and the alt/wait list for 3 months... If you are accepted, it makes no difference.

Professional school admissions (and the schooling itself) is more a marathon than a sprint. Take this time to work on making yourself better and enjoying the ride. Trust me, there are many more difficult roads ahead.

As stated before - this year's applicants were very strong. Committee hold is the staging area before the alternate/wait list is generated. Not everyone on committee hold will be placed on the alt/wait list.

I was on committee hold for 4 months, and the alt/wait list for 3 months... If you are accepted, it makes no difference.

Professional school admissions (and the schooling itself) is more a marathon than a sprint. Take this time to work on making yourself better and enjoying the ride. Trust me, there are many more difficult roads ahead.

Were you able to know what position you are on the waitlist? is there a number or is it hi/med/lo.

what time of the month were you on CH, and when ddi you finally get a notification of acceptance?

Hi Aboveliquidice,

could you elaborate on the committee hold and waitlisted? what's the difference. I am not that bright to know the difference- Enlighten me.

JGoodwin 84, I am from the area. From Troutdale, but at OSU right now. Sharing the frustration I guess. Were you at the 1/23 day?

Has anyone received a rejection after being placed on committee hold? Or did you guys receive the rejection before even being interviewed?