Program-Specific Info / Q's Pacific University OTD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringot96

Reaction score
This is a thread for 2018-2019! Feel free to post anything

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from pacific?

Not yet! From other years it looks like they usually start inviting people to their first round of interviews around January 12th so hopefully it’ll be soon!

Hello! They told me that interview days will be early February and early March and that invitations will go out probably three weeks before that. So maybe next week? Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 user
I got an interview invitation today! Interview is Feb 9th.

Does anyone know what the total cost of tuition is? I'm only able to find the cost for 2017, and I honestly thought it was more then what I'm seeing now. I could have mixed up tuitotu prices though.

I got an interview invitation today! Interview is Feb 9th.

Does anyone know what the total cost of tuition is? I'm only able to find the cost for 2017, and I honestly thought it was more then what I'm seeing now. I could have mixed up tuitotu prices though.

Congrats, OTcreate! Did anyone else get an interview invitation? Still haven't gotten one :( Is it too early to lose hope?

And I am assuming tuition for this upcoming year shouldn't have a drastic increase compared to last year's right?

So tuition last year (per academic year) is $34, 271. It's a 3-year program so you're looking at about ~$102,813

Congrats, OTcreate! Did anyone else get an interview invitation? Still haven't gotten one :( Is it too early to lose hope?

And I am assuming tuition for this upcoming year shouldn't have a drastic increase compared to last year's right?

So tuition last year (per academic year) is $34, 271. It's a 3-year program so you're looking at about ~$102,813

Haven’t heard anything yet except an email last week asking for a missing transcript which has since been resolved. It’s not too early to loose hope. If they already sent out all invites for the February interview, then there’s always next month to hear about the March interview date!

in an email from Jon-Erik (in response to asking if my transcripts have all been received) today he said "We host an interview day in early March. Invitations for the interview day will be sent out about three weeks prior to the date. All decisions will occur after our second interview day in March." I wonder if he really means ALL decisions occur after the second interview date, since he didn't let on that there's a first interview date for which invitations have already gone out. Regardless, still plenty of room for hope!

I was invited via email on January 14 for the interview on February 9. Does anyone know what to expect at this interview?

I was invited via email on January 14 for the interview on February 9. Does anyone know what to expect at this interview?
I have also been invited to this interview! No idea what to expect. Kind of nervous for the writing portion

Still anxiously waiting for a sending interview invitation! Anyone else on the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am as well! When did you submit your application?

Sometime in November I believe..from what I have heard it shouldn't affect your interview order, but who knows! Still staying positive and checking my emails everyday D:

Still anxiously waiting for a sending interview invitation! Anyone else on the same boat?
Yep, in this boat with you! Assuming the interviews will be the first or second Saturday in March we should be getting interview invites this week or next? The first round was yesterday right? How did it go for anyone who was there?

I have also been invited to this interview! No idea what to expect. Kind of nervous for the writing portion
I already interviewed for another OTD program (Chatham) and there was a writing portion at that interview, too. It was easier than I expected. Basically they wanted you to evaluate the validity of a scientific study. Not sure if this will be similar, but the Chatham interview was much more laid back than I expected. I was accepted into that program.

I guess I'll see you Saturday.

The majority of people who are accepted after an interview find out the last week of March, but it sounds like they’ll accept about 5 people in the week after each interview as well. Don’t know what makes them pick who when. In previous years forums people who didn’t get invitations to interview started getting rejection letters around the last week of February.

I had an interview last year and it was actually pretty intense! You start out with a little breakfast / meet & greet. Next go to a presentation about the program. Then you eat lunch and are split into groups. Each group rotates between a tour, writing portion, and personal interview. My writing prompt had to do with relating a movie or tv show character to occupational therapy. For the interview, you are put in a room with a professor and either a practicing OT or a current student. Also, I had the February interview and heard back the last week of May! If you have any more specific questions, let me know!

Anyone heard back about March interview dates? Pacific is one of my top choices but I haven’t heard anything yet. Just that they’re reviewing my app

Anyone heard back about March interview dates? Pacific is one of my top choices but I haven’t heard anything yet. Just that they’re reviewing my app
Not yet, still waiting. Pacific is also my top choice!

If anyone hears back about a March interview, can you please let us know so we know when they are sending them out? Thanks!

If anyone hears back about a March interview, can you please let us know so we know when they are sending them out? Thanks!

I received an email yesterday around 2 p.m. The interview is on March 2.

Congrats to those who received an email ! can’t wait to hear how it goes! anyone else still not receive anything like me? lol still staying positive.

Congrats to those who received an email ! can’t wait to hear how it goes! anyone else still not receive anything like me? lol still staying positive.
I haven’t heard anything. I’m thinking if they do give 3 weeks notice, we should hear something by the end of today if invited-though there could be some invites next week if others decline. I feel ya, sasswood.

I haven’t heard anything. I’m thinking if they do give 3 weeks notice, we should hear something by the end of today if invited-though there could be some invites next week if others decline. I feel ya, sasswood.

Yeah, I’m wondering if they already sent out all the invitations or if they’re still going through them the rest of the weekend. /:

Keep in mind that the weather here in the Portland area is forecast to be awful (by Portland standards. We don’t deal with icy roads well) the rest of today and through the weekend with a lot of places shutting down. I’d think their first jnterview date tomorrow would still be on, but it’s prob chaotic over there.
Also, they won’t really have a feel for how many invites to send out/ the kinds of folks they’ll need for the right makeup of the cohort until after interviewing the first batch and hearing back from invitees who decline the offer. Don’t lose hope!

Hello everyone,

I found out that I have been invited to interview last Tuesday the 5th. The interview is March 2nd 10:00-2:30. I was told that they invited 60 students. I have been looking at other OT forums and a lot of people have already accepted at other universities that also applied for Pacific U and they are turning down interviews which could mean you are given their place. Keep in mind also that not everyone that interviews will accept and that also opens up other options. Never lose hope! I was literally crying last week because I had gotten 3 denials and waitlisted for another! I have applied for 8 universities and I may even not get offered a place here. We are all nervous! So keep up the hard work!

With student fees, health insurance, memberships, books and materials it comes out to be roughly $132,000 +/- not including personal expenses.

Hello everyone,

I found out that I have been invited to interview last Tuesday the 5th. The interview is March 2nd 10:00-2:30. I was told that they invited 60 students. I have been looking at other OT forums and a lot of people have already accepted at other universities that also applied for Pacific U and they are turning down interviews which could mean you are given their place. Keep in mind also that not everyone that interviews will accept and that also opens up other options. Never lose hope! I was literally crying last week because I had gotten 3 denials and waitlisted for another! I have applied for 8 universities and I may even not get offered a place here. We are all nervous! So keep up the hard work!
Hello everyone,

did you get the impression that they’ve already invited all 60 of those folks to interview and if some of them turn it down they’ll pull from the next rung down of applications,
Or they were still deciding which 60 to invite?

did you get the impression that they’ve already invited all 60 of those folks to interview and if some of them turn it down they’ll pull from the next rung down of applications,

I was told that more invitations were going out the end of the week. I am hoping more will go out the beginning of this week as well, they asked to respond if we would attend or not. Keep in mind, tomorrow is a holiday. I have my fingers crossed for everyone and hope you get a chance! I also read on another blog a woman got in but they didn't notify her until almost May. This is most likely because someone got an offer from another school and dropped out of the program. I also read that at the interview you get to meet with a lot of first years to talk about their experience and the woman said a lot of them got in from the waitlist!

I just got an invite to this interview about an hour ago! There’s still hope for an invite!

Reactions: 1 users
I got an invite for an interview a little over an hour ago! Right when I began to lose hope, the email came! Crossing my fingers for everyone else! If anyone has any advice, I’m all ears!

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an invitation too!

Congrats!! Best of luck to you :)

I actually emailed Jon-Erik to check the status on my application yesterday. Today he emailed me back saying “Your application is with the committee. The hope is that we can get out all communication to the candidates by the end of this week or early next week.”
Sooo there's still hope! I am trying to stay positive!!

I hope so too! Stay positive!!! And thank you, they are my top choice!

I"m super excited for everyone who is going to be interviewing on March 2nd, where is everyone coming from? I will be coming from the Central Coast of California. I am flying to Portland and will be staying in Hillsboro Friday and Saturday night. If anyone wants to get together, let me know!

I"m super excited for everyone who is going to be interviewing on March 2nd, where is everyone coming from? I will be coming from the Central Coast of California. I am flying to Portland and will be staying in Hillsboro Friday and Saturday night. If anyone wants to get together, let me know!

I will be coming from Southern California! Maybe we can meet up prior or after the interview. I’m so nervous, but excited!

I will be coming from Southern California! Maybe we can meet up prior or after the interview. I’m so nervous, but excited!

Very cool! I am nervous too! Are you practicing interviewing? Have you read any of the other blogs about what they ask during the interviews? I am having a few of my professors form a mock panel interview for me so I can practice!

I’m coming from Colorado!

I’ll be flying in from Hawaii! I’ll be staying both nights as well

Wow! It's neat to see where everyone is from! Has anyone else gotten invitations?

I’ll be flying in from Hawaii! I’ll be staying both nights as well

I would like to go exploring a bit after all the interviewing and stuff is done! Maybe check out some stuff in Portland!

I would like to go exploring a bit after all the interviewing and stuff is done! Maybe check out some stuff in Portland!

Definitely going to hit Multonomah falls! I would recommend these waterfalls to everyone who will be visiting

Very cool! I am nervous too! Are you practicing interviewing? Have you read any of the other blogs about what they ask during the interviews? I am having a few of my professors form a mock panel interview for me so I can practice!

I am definitely practicing. I haven’t found any other blogs about what they ask for the interviews, but I’ve been trying to find some. Can anyone send me links that they have found to study from?