Packages from Medical Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alwaysaangel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is a dumb question, but has anyone ever received anything that came in a small box that required a signature from a medical school?

The reason I ask is I just got notice today that on 2/21 they tried to deliver a package to me (BULL****) and that it would be returned to sender on 2/23. Mind you I got this notice today. Anyway, I wasn't expecting anything and other than the name Jun(g?) the post office couldn't tell me who it was from.

Since I wasn't expecting anything I don't really care (other than the HORRIBLE service from USPS), but if it was something from a medical school then I need to contact them.

So yeah - do they ever send you boxes of anything? I can't think of a reason they would - but what do I know?

Members don't see this ad.

hey there..I havent recieved any packages .. so I dont knw .. I guess others could help u . but jus passing on info from my side

The biggest thing that med schools send are very big rectangle envelopes. No boxes or anything resembling a box like package.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe a certified mail letter with return receipt. So not a "package" like a box in that sense.

In order to make sure that you get it, they sent it Certified Return Receipt. As it would require your signature or someone at your place of residence.

Thanks for the responses - it was definitely a box (they wrote "small box" next to parcel). I just can't figure out what it could have been and thought I'd make sure it wasn't a med school.

Thanks for the responses - it was definitely a box (they wrote "small box" next to parcel). I just can't figure out what it could have been and thought I'd make sure it wasn't a med school.

some schools send you nice little bribes, like scrubs, or a snowglobe or something like that to entice you to come to their school It's possible it was a gift from a school, but i seriously doubt it was important paperwork/acceptance or anything of that nature

You could ask for the zip code if you are REALLY curious anbout where it is from.

You could ask for the zip code if you are REALLY curious anbout where it is from.

She claimed she couldn't give me any info. They were really bitchy about it too. If I thought it would help I would complain - but it won't.

some schools send you nice little bribes, like scrubs, or a snowglobe or something like that to entice you to come to their school It's possible it was a gift from a school, but i seriously doubt it was important paperwork/acceptance or anything of that nature

Sounds like they have Pete Carroll recruiting for them :laugh:

I know someone who received a fleece (outerwear) from Michigan. It was awesome :thumbup:

So this is a dumb question, but has anyone ever received anything that came in a small box that required a signature from a medical school?

no, but it would be funny if rejection letters came like this.

i wish i was awesome enough to be bribed.. instead i had to provide monetary bribes, i mean "fees" to my schools...:mad:

She claimed she couldn't give me any info. They were really bitchy about it too. If I thought it would help I would complain - but it won't.

Ah ha!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I have another option for you.:idea:

If you still have the pink slip that notified you of delivery, there should be a 20 digit number on it.

You can use that number to "reverse" track the package and find out who it was from in a round about way by using the "Track & Confirm" fuction from the USPS website.

In theory, it should work.

Good Luck!!!:luck:

Maybe it will be resent by the time you try this out.

Ah ha!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I have another option for you.:idea:

If you still have the pink slip that notified you of delivery, there should be a 20 digit number on it.

You can use that number to "reverse" track the package and find out who it was from in a round about way by using the "Track & Confirm" fuction from the USPS website.

In theory, it should work.

Good Luck!!!:luck:

Maybe it will be resent by the time you try this out.

Yeah I tried that - it said there was no info on the package. Grrr. Really stupid.

Hmm, interesting. Well, maybe they will resend it to you if it is really important that you have it.

Perhaps it was an urn - a resting place for your ashes following self immolation as a result of frustation with this weird process.