paging radrules and dr. cuts--a day in the life of rads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
could you guys or any other radiology residents give me an idea what a typical day is like in rads. do you read films and dictate all day? how much do you consult with the physicians that order the studies? how collaberative is the interpretation of films, do you read everything alone or do you consult each other frequently? how challenging is it to read most films (ie. 10 seconds or 20 minutes)? what kind of variety do you see in a given day?

i am just an ms1 trying to figure out what radiology is like.

Members don't see this ad.

I usually get up about 6am. Read the paper on the can, get ready, eat breakfast, grab my coffee and drive to work.

I start reading films about 8 or 8:30.... pound through a stack by 11:30, which a handful of docs coming down to chat with me. Morning are usually busy.

I take a break for about 1-2 hours to take care of lunch and paperwork.

Then I pound out another stack in the afternoon, and usually do a few procedures in-between.

I go home between 5 and 6 pm.

Usually have dinner, drink a beer or two or three.... watch sportscenter, check my fantasy teams.

Then I finish off by having sex with my wife and then passing out post-coital until the next morning.

All in all... life is pretty good.

HAHAHAHA! That's hilarious.

There's no sleep like post-sportscenter, post-coital sleep.

Who do you have in fantasy basketball radrules? My team is destroying everyone in my league right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey radrules...what about call nights? lolol.

hopefully, my life will be like that in 15 years, minus the post-coital crap

250K for that life... you can't beat it

Originally posted by amnesia
hopefully, my life will be like that in 15 years, minus the post-coital crap

250K for that life... you can't beat it

Last time I checked RADRULES was a senior resident.

BTW radiology is one of the fields in medicine that in most cases- not all but if you take a traditional group private practice job, your average work day in practice is much harder than residency.

amnesia is a monk...

Originally posted by RADRULES
I usually get up about 6am. Read the paper on the can, get ready, eat breakfast, grab my coffee and drive to work.

I start reading films about 8 or 8:30.... pound through a stack by 11:30, which a handful of docs coming down to chat with me. Morning are usually busy.

I take a break for about 1-2 hours to take care of lunch and paperwork.

Then I pound out another stack in the afternoon, and usually do a few procedures in-between.

I go home between 5 and 6 pm.

Usually have dinner, drink a beer or two or three.... watch sportscenter, check my fantasy teams.

Then I finish off by having sex with my wife and then passing out post-coital until the next morning.

All in all... life is pretty good.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing. At my school library nonetheless, it seems all the people here are convinced I am on crack.