Paid Research Subject in Med School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuantumMechanic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there ever any research going on at your school where you can make good money (on the order of a couple hundred bucks) to do pretty much nothing as a research subject (such as just getting blood drawn and that sort of thing?)

Members don't see this ad.

Is there ever any research going on at your school where you can make good money (on the order of a couple hundred bucks) to do pretty much nothing as a research subject (such as just getting blood drawn and that sort of thing?)

Always. Lots of potential side effects and inconveniences of various new vaccines, diets etc people want to test, but if you are risk averse it's probably a nice way to make a few hundred here or there.

Always. Lots of potential side effects and inconveniences of various new vaccines, diets etc people want to test, but if you are risk averse it's probably a nice way to make a few hundred here or there.

I will gladly ***** my body out in the name of science.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey quantummechanic,
vandy always has psych department studies for 50 bucks/hr for sleep tests or to test your reaction to some stimulus. pretty safe stuff. the only prob is the time spent but they pay well for that. so if prostitution's your thing, i'm sure youll find an adequate pimp in the psych dept. also if you want big money, they had some ads out for sperm and egg donation. as a girl, i didn't really read the sperm one but for egg donation it was SAT over 1320, GPA above 3.5, good looking, healthy individual would get paid 45k for 3? months of time dedication and tests and also get free medical care. but then again, it's your offspring that will be walking around....i don't know if 45k is enough for me.

I've noticed recruitment fliers at school for a study examining pain response. They inject your jaw muscles with some kind of concentrated saline solution that doesn't have any side effects, but it supposedly feels like you just got punched in the face. I think they pay over $1100 for anyone willing to participate, but I've resisted the temptation so far!

There's always stuff around med schools asking for research subjects. Like Law2Doc said, if you are risk averse, I would argue theres enough stuff around to make ~1K a month if you want to be that involved...med schools have plenty of clinical research around and the pay does tend to be quality. But a few hundred here and there is very doable.

I've noticed recruitment fliers at school for a study examining pain response. They inject your jaw muscles with some kind of concentrated saline solution that doesn't have any side effects, but it supposedly feels like you just got punched in the face. I think they pay over $1100 for anyone willing to participate, but I've resisted the temptation so far!

sign me up :banana:

also if you want big money, they had some ads out for sperm and egg donation. as a girl, i didn't really read the sperm one but for egg donation it was SAT over 1320, GPA above 3.5, good looking, healthy individual would get paid 45k for 3? months of time dedication and tests and also get free medical care. but then again, it's your offspring that will be walking around....i don't know if 45k is enough for me.

Nobody pays big money for sperm. Too many dudes happy to sell it by the gallon. Eggs are where the big $ are because they are much more invasive to harvest.

Nobody pays big money for sperm. Too many dudes happy to sell it by the gallon. Eggs are where the big $ are because they are much more invasive to harvest.

I certainly am not giving my genes away. I don't know, something about the possibility of having offspring walking around in the world of which I don't even know about is just wrong.

Not to mention that the procedures are quite invasive.