• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Paid/Volunteer Clinical or Direct Patient Care Positions for Someone with a Bachelor's and Experience?

Blue Lion

2+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2019
Trying to find some of these positions lately and it has just been so hard. Feels like a lot of the ones that I am applying for (Research Tech., Medical Assistant, Nurse Aide, Phlebotomist), have all rejected me on the basis of being over-qualified in regards to both education and the experience that I have.

I know that right now might not be the best time to be looking for these sort of positions, but this is like the sole aspect of my application that most med school officers have said needs improvement, so I would appreciate any advice that y'all have on this topic. Especially from people who were in a similar position.

Essentially trying to know what would I guess be the next step up from the positions I listed? Or what sort of opportunities y'all took on in order to fulfill this sort of recommendation?

oregonian19

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
Not an answer to your question, but my own question: how are you qualified to apply for nurse aide, medical assistant, or phlebotomist positions? In my state, almost all of these positions require completion of a program, certification, and/or experience. If you want direct patient experience without going to community college for 6-12 months, you’re relegated to either receptionist work or volunteering with minimal contact.

Reactions: 1 users
Dec 15, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
What experience do you have? It looks like you are under qualified. MA, CNA, phlebotomist all need some sort of course/certification which can take a few months. Unfortunately I was in the middle of my cna course when it got postponed indefinitely due to coronavirus, and it seems like I won't be able to get a part time healthcare job for awhile.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.