Pain Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onechance

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking into buying Dannemiller DVDs, and came across following 3 options:
Syllabus alone,
Syllabus plus DVD set
DVD alone.

What exactly is "syllabus alone"?
Do people usually prefer buying DVD plus syllabus?

Please advice.

Members don't see this ad.

syllabus alone is purely the screenshots. No words or descriptions. probably not going to give you enough info.

last year i bought DVD alone. at times, i wish i had the syllabus, but my primary use of the lectures was to listen at times where i could not read - like while watching kids soccer practice, doing dishes, even listening to the audio while driving to and from work...

Thank you so much, that really helps. I will buy both in that case.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much, that really helps. I will buy both in that case.

how about going to the course. its is TON of CME, and you get the syllabus, i dont know about the DVDs...i went a few years ago for the CME, it was good. LONG and exhausting, but good.

how about going to the course. its is TON of CME, and you get the syllabus, i dont know about the DVDs...i went a few years ago for the CME, it was good. LONG and exhausting, but good.

The DVD are all the lectures recorded. When i went to the anesthesiology review course (not the pain one), the DVD cost extra. I kind of wish i had bought them at the time, but it was pretty expensive on a resident salary.

I prefer to spread out the joy of listening at my convenience and multiple times. The pressures with trying to remember everything at one course is kind of high, if you know what i mean. And the DVDs are cheaper than the course.

btw, dont forget that you get enough CMEs for a year if you pass the test.

Last edited:

FYI, you can get the same CME with DVD, as you take your posttests online you can print certificates.

My only study for pain boards was watching the entire Dannemiller video series at 1.5-2x speed on a laptop or transcoded thru a PS3 onto the television. I can recall maybe 10-15 questions that I directly knew as a result of doing this. I'm not sure it would have mattered in terms of passing the test, however, I did learn some concepts useful to a pain MD in general that wasn't specifically covered by my own reading or during fellowship. As such I think it was worth it, even if it likely didn't affect the test score significantly.

My only study for pain boards was watching the entire Dannemiller video series at 1.5-2x speed on a laptop or transcoded thru a PS3 onto the television. I can recall maybe 10-15 questions that I directly knew as a result of doing this. I'm not sure it would have mattered in terms of passing the test, however, I did learn some concepts useful to a pain MD in general that wasn't specifically covered by my own reading or during fellowship. As such I think it was worth it, even if it likely didn't affect the test score significantly.

hey DRF

I used to love listening to things 1.5-2x the speed. I know how to do this on my computer on Windows Player. Is there an app or something to use to do this on your Android Phone? The standard player on my phone doesnt have the fxn to teh best of my knowledge. It would be nice because I like hitting up the gym and listening concurrently if possible. Thanks.

BTW...agree...dannemiller CDs are great. I haven't taken the test yet, but heard these during fellowship/residency and they were great for learning.

they are mp4 files so technically it has to be a video player, not sure which ones let you alter playback speed.
If you can absorb Candido, Ferrante, or Katz at 2x speed you are a stud

hey DRF

I used to love listening to things 1.5-2x the speed. I know how to do this on my computer on Windows Player. Is there an app or something to use to do this on your Android Phone? The standard player on my phone doesnt have the fxn to teh best of my knowledge. It would be nice because I like hitting up the gym and listening concurrently if possible. Thanks.

BTW...agree...dannemiller CDs are great. I haven't taken the test yet, but heard these during fellowship/residency and they were great for learning.

I use the xspeedplayer app on my android and its free.

I used windows media player on the laptop. For playstation streaming I use an app called ps3mediaserver. It takes ANY media file Imhave on the desktop and flawlessly sends it to my home theatre. I use it for blueray movies 80% of e time, music and music videos 19.9% of the time, and Dannemiller 0.1% of the time. Works great.

dude, stop posting the exact same thing on 4 different essentially dead threads.

With four different threads selling the same thing, it must be a buyers' market and you can get a good deal ;)