Pain job market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blitz2006

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Psych resident, hoping to do Pain down the road. So am a bit out of the loop.

Just wondering what the current job market is like for pain fellows coming out? Is it terrible like radiology, or hot like psych?

Also, being psych, do you think that will impact me finding jobs, or will it not be a factor since I will (hopefully) be coming out with ACGME pain fellowship?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

Just wondering what the current job market is like for pain fellows coming out? Is it terrible like radiology, or hot like psych?

Also, being psych, do you think that will impact me finding jobs, or will it not be a factor since I will (hopefully) be coming out with ACGME pain fellowship?

There are a lot of similar threads on this topic on this site

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

Try to get a year of proctoring under your belt and get back to do physical exam, ACLS, etc. Then apply. Psych background will be in high demand.

Appreciate your feedback. Everyone is saying psych background is in demand! I guess the tough part for me is gonna be matching into a fellowship!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

To be honest, I don't think it'll be that hard to match into fellowship. Just sell yourself correctly, attend some cadaver courses, work with some pain physicians, get some hands on experience and apply.