Pain Job Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Green Grass

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those jobs that tout "no call, no weekends", who covers the patient population at night? Do you truly leave clinic at 4 pm and return at 7 am without any nightly interruptions?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

In my group, the 5 PCP's cover. My patients call if post-op only. Not post procedure unless something bad happening.
Med questions as routine to on call get you dismissed from the group. No issues in 9 years.

Reactions: 1 user
In my group, the 5 PCP's cover. My patients call if post-op only. Not post procedure unless something bad happening.
Med questions as routine to on call get you dismissed from the group. No issues in 9 years.

I guess it depends on what the practice setup is, but that sounds awesome. Thanks for the reply. Glad to know those jobs exist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those jobs that tout "no call, no weekends", who covers the patient population at night? Do you truly leave clinic at 4 pm and return at 7 am without any nightly interruptions?

personally, i covered all call for 2 years, then hired an NP, who takes half the call, but i am always on back up.

average 1 evening call a month (before 9pm when pharmacy closes), and 1 late call every 6 months. we discharge patients who call after 9pm.

i have not gone in for a weekend in 6 years.