Pain management and billing for mental health screening?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroPhD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to help a colleague better identify patients in need of psychological/psychiatric services. Are there any pain management physicians on the site who routinely employ and bill for screening instruments to assess for psychiatric issues (e.g. depression, conversion, somatization)? I'd like to train the office staff to administer the instruments that can then be interpreted by the physician. Any suggestions on the appropriate way for the physician to bill for his administration/interpretation time?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'd like to help a colleague better identify patients in need of psychological/psychiatric services. Are there any pain management physicians on the site who routinely employ and bill for screening instruments to assess for psychiatric issues (e.g. depression, conversion, somatization)? I'd like to train the office staff to administer the instruments that can then be interpreted by the physician. Any suggestions on the appropriate way for the physician to bill for his administration/interpretation time?

Thanks

I screen but have not submitted billing.

SOAPP-R
Oswestry
Beck
Dallas

routinely for chronic non-malignant pain patients.

how would this get billed?