Pain Office Layout

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MetroPain

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couple of Questions:

Opening a new practice with an opportunity to own the space with build out as I wish. About 1500 sq. feet with plumbing available in most rooms along with lead lined room about 300 sq feet (prior use was as an imaging center).

Any suggestions for an office layout that would provide good flow through the center for doing both procedures and seeing patients at the same time. How many exam rooms do you think?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks again

Members don't see this ad.

what do you need in regards to equipment for your facility?

if you have a very efficient set-up then 2 exam rooms is all you really need - a 3rd exam room is somewhat of a luxury - but you never know if you will need a 3rd room for privacy where patients can be fitted with braces/Tens units or other treatment modalities -

one fluoro room should be more than enough - and i have seen some offices where they have the exam room in the fluoro room as well ( a bit weird in my opinion but hey it works)...

don't focus on having the big opersonal office - as long as you have a desk and chair and maybe a bookshelf - it is a lot more important to make sure the work environment for your employees is tolerable - because office turn over can kill you... so therefore give the front office staff room...

also remember if you go with an EMR you won't need to dedicate tons of room to charts/medical records.

also the size of a waiting room is important - you will need room for people with wheelchairs and walkers to turn around - and psychologically a small waiting room does not make you look like you are a very busy man...

show us your lay-out in image format and we could make some suggestions..

Members don't see this ad :)
agreed....you can use your procedure room as a patient room if you really need it....you can even use your small office as a patient room if you really need t....that is 4 potential rooms. If it is just you(no PA or NP) then 2 rooms is fine. I just went into a larger space with 2 rooms....before i had only 1 patient room, and i have almost tripled my production. The limiting factor is now my office staff, not me or the space.

I'm working on a layout and would really appreciate your input.

This is only 990 square feet so it's pretty miniature. The bathrooms are shared in the building. I am looking for the maximum efficiency here. Property cost is high. This 990 feet is costing over 2500/month.

Diagram is also not really to scale. The image in the back room is an *approximate* scale model of a Pulsera.

It's a tight space but am I forgetting anything major?

Attachments

• hyperoffice.JPG
    hyperoffice.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 97