Palestinian and Travel Document Holder applying for J1 visa.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mohd.sammour

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I posted a while ago explaining my situation as a Palestinian refugee from Gaza. I hold an Egyptian travel document but I am technically Palestinian. I matched as an undergraduate (currently a medical student at the Jordan University of Science and Technology) in Internal Medicine at CCF. Now I am in the process for planning to apply for my J-1 visa as soon as I graduate by the end of May.

I would like to know if anyone knows of people who had gone through similar situation as mine (travel document holder...etc.). Where to request the letter of need and how is the process generally carried out. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please help out a fellow medical student whose situation is very unique and difficult.

Thank you all in advance,

Members don't see this ad.

Your situation is not unique.

Contact the Exchange Visitor Sponsorship Program (EVSP) directly as they have a proper response to physicians who no longer have a 'home country' (such as Palestine) to provide a letter of need. Ask to speak to the manager of the EVSP.

Reactions: 1 user
Your situation is not unique.

Contact the Exchange Visitor Sponsorship Program (EVSP) directly as they have a proper response to physicians who no longer have a 'home country' (such as Palestine) to provide a letter of need. Ask to speak to the manager of the EVSP.

I did contact them. In that situation you are to provide the documents from your legal permanent residence. And that in itself is a nearly impossible process (whether form Saudi Arabia or Jordan). They require you to be a national and to be licensed in their country.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did contact them. In that situation you are to provide the documents from your legal permanent residence. And that in itself is a nearly impossible process (whether form Saudi Arabia or Jordan). They require you to be a national and to be licensed in their country.

That's odd. I know of two cases of 'homeless' medical graduates who obtained the J-1 Visa.

no, I can't do that. you have to contact the EVSP directly.

Reactions: 1 user