Palm Beach Atlantic University 09

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Silversun5

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

my interview is this friday (1/30) with PBA, i was wondering if anyone else was gunna be there. I'm staying at the best western by the airport

Members don't see this ad.

i have an interview there too!! friday 1/30. i am staying at the best western lakes...im not sure if it is the one near the airport...

hey i was wondering if you know of their statistics..like how many they interview and how many are accepted. it was really hard to find a thread on here..

good luck..and see ya friday!

Stats for 2008 entering class:
Number interviewed - 220
Number accepted - 100
Estimated entering class size - 78

Best of luck to you two. See you next fall...

Members don't see this ad :)
PBA is a Christian school. Make sure you talk about religion a little bit. I am a Christian, and I like the idea of the school, that is to incorporate faith into pharmacy school. Make sure you know what is "a servant of the Lord."

thanks a bunch!!
i am not christian....but before i applied i researched the school..and i like their morals and ideals. I am a very open person...

PBA is a Christian school. Make sure you talk about religion a little bit. I am a Christian, and I like the idea of the school, that is to incorporate faith into pharmacy school. Make sure you know what is "a servant of the Lord."

same here, i'm not christian either but i am a very accepting person and i do value all the same morals so hopefully that'll work towards my adv and not disadv lol

Here's the address of the hotel im staying at...

Best Western Palm Beach Airport
1505 belvedere road
west palm beach, FL 33406

let me know if anyone else is staying there!

There is also a 1 hour introduction with the Dean and he will spend plenty of time explaining their principles and stuff such as, "Being a servant leader" and how they incorporate Christian morals into the pharmacy practice.

did u guys get the email saying that the school has been placed on probation? they said it does not effect their accredidation status...

BLAH!

and i really hope that it does not effect what we are suppose to learn to be successful and competent pharmacists.

silversun: im at the best western lakes

hey guys,

my interview is this friday (1/30) with PBA, i was wondering if anyone else was gunna be there. I'm staying at the best western by the airport

hey watsup,

i'm staying at the best western airport as well for the 1/30 interview. let me know if u want to catch a cab together. *sigh* my luggage got delayed... hopefully it comes in or else all i have to wear is some jeans and a tshirt :laugh:

minthos and silversun...where are you coming from?

minthos and silversun...where are you coming from?

california? or do you mean our hotel? I believe I saw the best western west lakes near the mall. hmm we are 2 exits away from you south off the 95. did you want to catch a ride too? :laugh:

so i went out and bought a suit and shirt. but forgot the socks :thumbdown:

haha..ya cali!

the best western here actually offers a shuttle service to wherever you want to go. its $18.00 for the entire stay. I actually went to city place and to eat lunch..so i didnt even have to call a taxi or rent a car. So ill actually see you both at the interview. Do you know how many people they invite and how many seats they offer?

So i get an interview invite like a few days ago, and just right now as I was checking my email, I received an email from PBA saying that they feel the need to tell everyone who plans on interviewing that they have been placed on PROBATION by the aacp, they say that their admisions status is not in jeopardy thou....weird??

Members don't see this ad :)
ya..definitely weird. i am going to ask them about that at the interview today. just to make sure that my education is not effected if i attend their university.

ya..definitely weird. i am going to ask them about that at the interview today. just to make sure that my education is not effected if i attend their university.

i have a feeling a big part of the presentation will try to explain the situation. i just wonder what the probation was all about :confused:. Hey fanatic... will you be taking the shuttle to the interview? if so, what time? i think i can get the shuttle to drop me off at your best western... i'm trying to save whatever money i can since i'm like wayyy over budget for this trip :smuggrin:
let me know or cell me at 909-319-9650

i have a feeling a big part of the presentation will try to explain the situation. i just wonder what the probation was all about :confused:

When I interviewed there in November, some people were telling me that it was because they did not have enough Ph.D faculty. One of the reasons is because all of their faculty MUST be Christian.

How did the interviews go? I have mine on Febuary 6th. Im excited and Good luck to all.

yo minhtos,

hahaha i hope you caught ur flight bro. what a damn situation to be in, i get back fine and i'm already back in chicago. Let me know if you hear back from them

hey..i remember one of you saying that you have an interview at UC Denver...when is your interview. i just got an invite yesterday!!

hey..i remember one of you saying that you have an interview at UC Denver...when is your interview. i just got an invite yesterday!!

it was me! i'm interveiwing on the 20th of feb

yo minhtos,

hahaha i hope you caught ur flight bro. what a damn situation to be in, i get back fine and i'm already back in chicago. Let me know if you hear back from them

yup, actually had time to spare. I'll post in this thread as soon as i hear any news.

How did the interviews go? I have mine on Febuary 6th. Im excited and Good luck to all.

i think you'll find it an enjoyable experience. everyone was extremely friendly.

we should be hearing soon about the 1/30 interviews..right?

or have ppl heard from the school?

I'll be interviewing on Feb 27th.

the round trip is gonna be a mother.

hey guys, im still waiting to hear back from PBA too.
i interviewed on 1/30. all my fellow 1/30 interviewers let me know if you hear anything back! :)

we should be hearing back before the end of next week :eek:

YIKES!!! Hopefully i get a great BDAY present!

I'm a little confused....I got a call and email from PBA today in order to set up an interview date. I never submitted the supplemental and I'm pretty sure the deadline has passed. Anyone else run into this issue?

mannnn we still havent heard to PBA! i thought they'd tell us by now!

for reals...i was hopin to hear by yesterday/today..but i guess maybe tomorrow? I HOPE BY TOMORROW!!! this waiting is KILLING ME!!!!!

They called me for my interview before my supplemental was in also GaRxGirl. My interview was Feb 6th but Im hoping also for a decision today, maybe they combine the two interview dates hopefully into one decision. I dont know im hoping because the wait is killing me too. I feel like my interview went great but so did everyone else who I interviewed with that day so who knows if I'm in.

good luck ppl. i just rejected my spot.

i go a call from pba in about 2 weeks, but i rejected the offer. sooo, y'all have a chance now! :)

They also called me for an interview invite before I had completed my supplemental. Victor just asked me complete it before I came for my interview. By the way, I had my interview on Feb 6 as well. I received a call yesterday from the admissions office for my acceptance.

Last edited:
anyone from the 1.30 interview hear anything (via phone, email, snail mail)?

I am impatiently waiting now...since there has been someone here that has been accepted and interviewed after me...:(

anyone from the 1.30 interview hear anything (via phone, email, snail mail)?

I am impatiently waiting now...since there has been someone here that has been accepted and interviewed after me...:(

looks like I had an acceptance offer waiting for me at home that arrived through the mail. Only weird thing is that they spelled my name wrong :confused:. Looks like it was postmarked 2/13/09

did you get it today?

also..did you get a phone call from them?

i still havnt recieved any snail mail from them either.

did you get it today?

also..did you get a phone call from them?

i still havnt recieved any snail mail from them either.

snail mail... no phone call to my cell. I was gone all week (flying to interviews), so it was a pleasant surprise to see it when I got home.

hmm...

we kinda live in the same area...

still no mail =( but even if its not an acceptance..i should have recieved some kind of correspondence regarding my status...

HMM...someone actually told me they got a phone call for their acceptance...and their actual letter will arrive sometime next week. so maybe I still have some hope =)??

hmm...

we kinda live in the same area...

still no mail =( but even if its not an acceptance..i should have recieved some kind of correspondence regarding my status...

HMM...someone actually told me they got a phone call for their acceptance...and their actual letter will arrive sometime next week. so maybe I still have some hope =)??

:thumbup: let's hope so!

Has anyone been rejected or told they've been waitlisted? Still waiting on their decision for me.

can anyone who got accepted or interviewed tell me what their gpa and pcat scores were because I'm trying to gauge if its worth it or not for me to apply there with my 3.3 GPA.

You should definitely apply. I got offered an interview there and only have a 3.11 cGPA and a 3.07 sGPA. I didn't even submit the supplemental by the deadline and still haven't submitted it. I spoke with Victor, the guy that called me for my interview, and he said just be sure I have it done before my interview date.

^^^^at palm beach atlantic or at all schools? if the gpa average was a 3.4 then i am assuming there must be some 3.1's and some 3.2's thrown in there somewhere right?

Of course there are 3.1 and 3.2's accepted. I am pretty sure when they did the presentation they showed a dip in g.p.a of last years acceptances to 3.26.Oh and they still haven't contacted me and it'll be one month tomorrow, but it's all good because I got accepted somewhere else so no more nervously checking my emails or the mailbox.

I got accepted!! I am TOTALLY happy!! BTW...they actually made a phone call, and said that the letter is in the mail :) :D

I got accepted!! I am TOTALLY happy!! BTW...they actually made a phone call, and said that the letter is in the mail :) :D
Congratulations LBPhamD!!!!
When did you have your interview?

Thanks!! I interviewed with PBA on 3/27...