Palm Beach Atlantic University 09

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks!! I interviewed with PBA on 3/27...
I had my interview with PBA on 4/3. They told me that I will know their decission in 2-3 weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

I had my interview with PBA on 4/3. They told me that I will know their decission in 2-3 weeks.
Congratulations on your interview!! They told me that it would take 2-3 weeks, also...but they actually called me on Monday (just nine days later). Hopefully, you will know soon, too. Good luck :)

Yes! I finally got that awesome acceptance phone call today!!:):):)

LBPharmD, congrats on the acceptance. I also interviewed on 3/27 too! Where are you from? I might remember who you are. I'm the guy that came from Michigan(1 of 3 from out-of-state).

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations, AKN16!!

I was the girl who walked in late...(very embarrasing). I'm from Fort Myers...you're from Michigan...what group were you in?

Congratulations, AKN16!!

I was the girl who walked in late...(very embarrasing). I'm from Fort Myers...you're from Michigan...what group were you in?

Nice, I think I remember who you are! You sure answered the Dean's question well, once you reached..... I was in group A.

Did Jannelle call you also to tell you got accepted? She called me, but I missed her phone call! LOL:laugh:

Did Jannelle call you also to tell you got accepted? She called me, but I missed her phone call! LOL:laugh:

It sure feels good to receive a first acceptance. I was relieved to receive it from PBA. Good luck for the future!

Nice, I think I remember who you are! You sure answered the Dean's question well, once you reached..... I was in group A.

Thanks! :cool:

Yes, she did call me...my phone rang in the middle of class, so I hung up on her and had to call her back. She did not leave an acceptance voicemail, though...she told me when I actually spoke with her...did you call her back, yet?

Last edited:
Thanks! :cool:

Yes, she did call me...my phone rang in the middle of class, so I hung up on her and had to call her back. She did not leave an acceptance voicemail, though...she told me when I actually spoke with her...did you call her back, yet?

Ya, I called her the next day. I was pretty nervous to be honest, I thought I had like a missing pre-req or something!:laugh:

GatorRomp- Thanks! Back at you!!

5minutes- congrats!

Ya, I called her the next day. I was pretty nervous to be honest, I thought I had like a missing pre-req or something!:laugh:

GatorRomp- Thanks! Back at you!!

5minutes- congrats!

I KNOW!! I was nervous, too!!! :laugh:

Congratulations!! If you accept, you are going to LOVE Florida! :welcome:

I KNOW!! I was nervous, too!!! :laugh:

Congratulations!! If you accept, you are going to LOVE Florida! :welcome:

Thanks, I have always wanted to live in Florida, been down there many times for holidays and breaks.

LBPhamD and everyone else I need your opinion:
I've also been accepted(in addition to PBA) to Wayne State, and I'm torn btw the two schools. Wayne is just 40 min from my house, so it would be very convenient for me to go and see my parents (or visa versa) when I'd like. PBA is 20hrs from my house, so I'd have to fly back-and-forth to see them.Tuition is 15k at wayne and 30k at PBA. Both schools, I'd be living in an apartment. Lastly, I'm sick of the cold Michigan weather, and want to see some sun and beaches all yr round.
With this information- what should I do?

I'd appreciate any input!

-AKN16

Last edited:
Thanks, I have always wanted to live in Florida, been down there many times for holidays and breaks.

LBPhamD and everyone else I need your opinion:
I've also been accepted(in addition to PBA) to Wayne State, and I'm torn btw the two schools. Wayne is just 40 min from my house, so it would be very convenient for me to go and see my parents (or visa versa) when I'd like. PBA is 20hrs from my house, so I'd have to fly back-and-forth to see them.Tuition is 15k at wayne and 30k at PBA. Both schools, I'd be living in an apartment. Lastly, I'm sick of the cold Michigan weather, and want to see some sun and beaches all yr round.
With this information- what should I do?

I'd appreciate any input!

-AKN16

Congratulations on getting accepted to multiple schools!! This is a high-class problem to have!! :banana::claps::banana:

Well...I think these are the things to consider:

• Wayne State is a great school, ranked #32 in the U.S. News & World Report in 2009...PBA is not ranked, and is actually on probation
  • A $15,000 difference over four years adds up...maybe you could take vacations to Florida with some of that money, and still come out ahead
  • Family. Need I say more?
I am NOT trying to deter you from PBA...I'm just saying...One thing that you could do is let PBA know your situation and see if they can give you any alternatives (scholarships) to the tuition. I know that one of the selling points to PBA is that they are a Christian school...but as a Christian, I am having trouble myself justifying paying twice what I could pay for a degree that has a better value from a different school...you know?

Keep in touch. Let me know what you decide.:luck:

Congratulations on getting accepted to multiple schools!! This is a high-class problem to have!! :banana::claps::banana:

• Wayne State is a great school, ranked #32 in the U.S. News & World Report in 2009...PBA is not ranked, and is actually on probation
  • A $15,000 difference over four years adds up...maybe you could take vacations to Florida with some of that money, and still come out ahead
I am NOT trying to deter you from PBA...I'm just saying...One thing that you could do is let PBA know your situation and see if they can give you any alternatives (scholarships) to the tuition. I know that one of the selling points to PBA is that they are a Christian school...but as a Christian, I am having trouble myself justifying paying twice what I could pay for a degree that has a better value from a different school...you know?

Thanks for the advice! I just fell in love with PBA when I saw it in person, and I'm still in love with it at this movement. That's why I'm pretty confused at as to what I should do.

LBPhamD let's def stay in touch. I'll message you my name and school. We can talk more on facebook or something...

i interviewed on 4/3 too!!! i received a phone call fri 5/1 exactly 4 weeks

I gave up my spot, hopefully goes to one of u guys. Gl!

Thats one of the reasons i declined admission. The tuition is ridiculous and their rules are too stiff. Its like your liberty is taken away from you.
-$28900
-$1800 laptop
-housing is expensive in Florida too

HI,
Did any of you guys received any mail from PBA regarding, Financial Aid, immunization record, orientation..etc..?

Thanks,

J

Is it true PBA makes you go to church every weekend and denounce evolution?

Is it true PBA makes you go to church every weekend and denounce evolution?

rofl, no. You do have to do 24 hours of "Chapels" AKA nap time, and 45 hours of community service. It's not that bad, plus the Pharmacy school is really different from undergrad.:p

I'll be a P1 this August :D yayay

hey Guys! Im applying to Palm Beach Atlantic...what were your pcat scores and GPA's? I'm nervous still havent received my august pcat scores:scared:

i think you'll find it an enjoyable experience. everyone was extremely friendly.
Can u plz share ur interview questions n experience as I applied for the school.....thxs