Palm Beach Atlantic University - PBA Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cangri One

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone applied yet? anyone planning on applying?

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm i was thinking about applying there. still researching though

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied already but I read that they send you the link to the supplemental. They haven't sent it to me but I hope they do. I just wanna get in any pharmacy school.

edit: nevermind that was a different school I was thinking of. So yes, I have submitted the supplemental as well. Just waiting for an interview invite!

I applied already but I read that they send you the link to the supplemental. They haven't sent it to me but I hope they do. I just wanna get in any pharmacy school.

edit: nevermind that was a different school I was thinking of. So yes, I have submitted the supplemental as well. Just waiting for an interview invite!

if u applied early admission they start mid september. if not they start interviewing in October. I'm currently a P1 at the school. if you guys have any questions let me know.

if u applied early admission they start mid september. if not they start interviewing in October. I'm currently a P1 at the school. if you guys have any questions let me know.
congrats! When did you get your invite for the interview?

And also I've read that tuition is really expensive at this school. Just the supplemental alone was $150!! Triple the cost of the second most expensive supplemental fee I paid :eek:

congrats! When did you get your invite for the interview?

And also I've read that tuition is really expensive at this school. Just the supplemental alone was $150!! Triple the cost of the second most expensive supplemental fee I paid :eek:

yes its definitely the most expensive school in the state. its almost $33,000 a year but i feel its worth it. its a small class of 75 students. very nice environment. everyone is very helpful both upperclassmen and faculty. i am really enjoying my time here so far. I applied early admission last year and I had my interview the first week of September and I was accepted like the third week of September.

I'm applying to PBA early decision ASAP... deadline is Sep. 2 I believe. Good luck to everyone else who want to go there!
Fingers Crossed. :xf:

I just got my interview for this Friday the 23rd. Any hints for what I should expect/ be prepared for. I'm kind of really nervous. Thanks

I just got my interview for this Friday the 23rd. Any hints for what I should expect/ be prepared for. I'm kind of really nervous. Thanks
hey I also have an interview for this Friday! I will see you there! My only advice is to look at the interview feedback section and search for PBA. I read a LOT of useful information there and it has calmed me a bit with regards to what to expect etc.

sorry I couldnt respond to you guys earlier. been really busy with school. one test after another lol. good luck to you both! dont worry. the interviews are really laid back. let me know how it went.

Hi everyone,

Last week I was accepted at PBA :) , but I gave up my seat so that another one of you can have it :) . Good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

Last week I was accepted at PBA :) , but I gave up my seat so that another one of you can have it :) . Good luck to you all!

Just out of curiosity, why'd you give it up...? Anything to do with the school itself? Or confident on a higher choice?

Just out of curiosity, why'd you give it up...? Anything to do with the school itself? Or confident on a higher choice?
The latter. The school itself was amazing and the staff was wonderful. I just wasn't prepared to move over there, and I realized that I had to move when I drove over the day of the interview.

I'm thinking of applying but I don't think I would have a chance at this school.

Last edited:
Why not? Neither did I but I applied and got accepted. You never know until you try :)

I really like the school but I'm an out-of-state student, so I don't really know if I have chance. I saw on pharmcas that they accept only about 40 out of state students. I'm not a really stellar applicant to compete with those numbers.

Congratulations on getting accepted though. You're definitely going to have fun there :)

I was at that interview as well!! I got accepted, but am trying to work out the logistics of moving across country!!!

hey I also have an interview for this Friday! I will see you there! My only advice is to look at the interview feedback section and search for PBA. I read a LOT of useful information there and it has calmed me a bit with regards to what to expect etc.

I see you applied to both NOVA and PBA too....What did you think between the two? Just would like to get some feedback from ya....I think I have decided, but would like an opinion from someone else who has interviewed at both schools

I see you applied to both NOVA and PBA too....What did you think between the two? Just would like to get some feedback from ya....I think I have decided, but would like an opinion from someone else who has interviewed at both schools
I liked both schools but ultimately it comes down to Nova being a school that I can commute to. The slightly higher price of PBA plus the cost of moving over there (rent+food+utilities :scared:) = a lot more $$$$$$! Also, one thing I didn't like about PBA besides the price is the fact that you have to go to chapel and get involved in so many additional things.

I liked both schools but ultimately it comes down to Nova being a school that I can commute to. The slightly higher price of PBA plus the cost of moving over there (rent+food+utilities :scared:) = a lot more $$$$$$! Also, one thing I didn't like about PBA besides the price is the fact that you have to go to chapel and get involved in so many additional things.

dont worry about chapel. its only once a week, u can skip some weeks. its really not all that bad.

What else do you have to get involved with there besides chapel? do they have a set number of hrs per week/month you need to complete for community service?

dont worry about chapel. its only once a week, u can skip some weeks. its really not all that bad.

I also had a choice, but ideally, PBA is a better fit for me... Are there any other people on here that have been accepted, and decided this is the school for them??? It seems that many other students use this type of thread to get to know each other, but the PBA thread seems barren....Are you all hiding somewhere else??

I also had a choice, but ideally, PBA is a better fit for me... Are there any other people on here that have been accepted, and decided this is the school for them??? It seems that many other students use this type of thread to get to know each other, but the PBA thread seems barren....Are you all hiding somewhere else??
LOL probably. Were you the real estate guy by any chance?

Just wondering :cool: I was the dude who was on the back of the golf cart with ya. I don't know how I got the feeling that it was you! I chose Nova :thumbup:

It is always nice to have a choice, and i am glad you were able to get into your school of choice! Plus, you will be able to commute to school. That is a huge savings. I am moving across country either way, so I am unable to commute. Good luck to you...

It is always nice to have a choice, and i am glad you were able to get into your school of choice! Plus, you will be able to commute to school. That is a huge savings. I am moving across country either way, so I am unable to commute. Good luck to you...
Thanks! Same to you!

Hi All

PBA called me on 09/30 and told me I had been accepted to PBA class 2016. Hands down, will be attending in the Fall. Looking forward to seeing those who were accepted next year!! :D

Hi All

PBA called me on 09/30 and told me I had been accepted to PBA class 2016. Hands down, will be attending in the Fall. Looking forward to seeing those who were accepted next year!! :D

I am also accepted....so there are 2 of 75 accounted for...LOL

Hey everyone,

For those that already interviewed, how was the math assessment and written essay? What type of math was covered (calc or stats)? How long is the essay supposed to be?

Any feedback would be helpful and thanks in advance.
:oops:

Alveoli - The math assessment and essay were very simple and straightforward. We were given about half an hour to finish them, so do not worry about them at all. :) I'm sure you'll do wonderfully. The entire interview day was relaxed and everybody was super friendly.

I could be number 4 of 75, but I still have one more interview to attend at a different school. They'll have to work extremely hard to top PBA though!

Hey everyone,

For those that already interviewed, how was the math assessment and written essay? What type of math was covered (calc or stats)? How long is the essay supposed to be?

Any feedback would be helpful and thanks in advance.
:oops:

The math assessment was extremely easy. As the post above says, do no worry. It involved very basic algebra and basic chemistry. I'm sure they change the questions, but one example would be like "what are the ions found in NaCl?". And one math would be like, "what is 10^3 x 10^7? ". Also make sure you know your conversions, such as mg to grams, ect.
Yeah, it's that easy. No worries.
I think they dont even weigh that as much as the interview, but what do I know?

As for the essay, it gave us a quote and asked us how it apples to us. It does not have to be long, just long enough to answer the question. A paragraph r two will suffice.

Good luck! It's a fantastic school!

Thanks Member1 and Scurry for the info. I will be interviewing in January.
Best of luck on your acceptances :)

Congrats to all of you that have been accepted. I went ahead and made you guys a facebook group. We did it last year during the application process and it really helped us get to know each other better. By the time we got to class we already saw familiar faces. I'll be on there if you guys have any questions you can ask me there. Im going to add a couple other current students to the group also so that they can also answer questions.......feel free to join. heres the link: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=33412969#!/groups/287943394560040/

Member 1 - You were at the Oct 21st interview? I was too; I thought everybody there was quite friendly and that overall we had a great group of people. :)

Member 1 - You were at the Oct 21st interview? I was too; I thought everybody there was quite friendly and that overall we had a great group of people. :)
I was at the Oct 21 interview too!! And I was accepted as well! Were you accepted? Hope to get to know all of my future classmates :)

I was at the Oct 21 interview too!! And I was accepted as well! Were you accepted? Hope to get to know all of my future classmates :)

Yes, everyone was very nice @scurry, I am excited to attend next fall and mee everyone!
If you haven't already, and you've been accepted, join the Facebook group above so we can start getting to know each other!

Hey everyone! I have an intervew this month I'm a little nervous.....for those that got in do you have any tips for a successful interview? thanks! Any help is appreciated!

I have an interview on Jan 13th. I'm really nervous too! Any advice from previous interviewees?

I have an interview on Jan 13th. I'm really nervous too! Any advice from previous interviewees?

good luck to you both tomorrow. just be yourself and have a good time.
remember, you are interviewing the school just as much as the school is interviewing you.
tell us how it goes!

Thank you Member 1! My interview is actually next Friday! I really like what I hear about this school...except the tuition! Hope it goes well Kpoole!

The interview went really well. Everyone is so very nice and made us feel comfortable! Good luck.

That's great to hear! How many students were interviewed?