1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Palm or PocketPC OS for PDA in medical school

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by choker, Jun 19, 2002.

1. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

okay, starting med school next year, looking to buy a PDA, wondering if most medical applications are available on pocketpc format, or do you all recommend a palm-based instead?

argh, which one to buy!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. KU Brendan

KU Brendan FM/EM Attending, PC Gamer
    Physician Faculty 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm a 4th year (in two days) and have an iPAQ PocketPC that I received for Christmas a couple years ago. I'm finally going to break down and buy some programs for it, but up until now, I have been envious of all of my friends who have Palms since there is an enormous amount of free stuff out there for Palms and very little (that I can find--help me out, people!) for PocketPC. I hear that PPC is supposed to be the great new thing of the future, but for right now, you'd probably be better off with a Palm.

--Brendan--
    <"}}}}}><

4. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Choker, there is a lengthy discussion of this in the Everyone forum (I think it's the Everyone forum - that's what I get for surfing all the forums!)