SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Palm or PocketPC OS for PDA in medical school

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by choker, Jun 19, 2002.

1. choker

choker Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 30, 2001
    okay, starting med school next year, looking to buy a PDA, wondering if most medical applications are available on pocketpc format, or do you all recommend a palm-based instead?

argh, which one to buy!!!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. KU Brendan

KU Brendan Member 10+ Year Member

Jun 11, 2002
    I'm a 4th year (in two days) and have an iPAQ PocketPC that I received for Christmas a couple years ago. I'm finally going to break down and buy some programs for it, but up until now, I have been envious of all of my friends who have Palms since there is an enormous amount of free stuff out there for Palms and very little (that I can find--help me out, people!) for PocketPC. I hear that PPC is supposed to be the great new thing of the future, but for right now, you'd probably be better off with a Palm.

4. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Choker, there is a lengthy discussion of this in the Everyone forum (I think it's the Everyone forum - that's what I get for surfing all the forums!)