Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

panic!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by mtnrunr3, Nov 12, 2002.

1. mtnrunr3

mtnrunr3 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Kay... getting a little worried here. Apparently the acceptance to DO schools happens much quicker than MD... and my realization that DO is right for me may have come too late! I have sent primaries to some schools, then at the last minute (a couple weeks ago) decided to send one to AZCOM. My secondary is sent to UNECOM, but I am waiting for the premed advisory committee to write my letter... and they are taking their sweet time b/c they dont realize that DO happens quicker... So, I guess my question is, should I worry? I hear AZCOM isnt doing anymore interviews til spring... so I guess that school is out. And lots of people are interviewing at UNECOM right now and my letters arent even in! Am I too late?

2. Green912

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I don't get the feeling that DO schools are any faster or slower overall then MD. I had my AMCAS & AACOMAS apps finished at the same time and the first schools I heard from were MD. Still haven't heard from Ohio-UCOM. I think the difference in secondary processing speed is as different as the schools themselves. Good luck with your letter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pink

pink Junior Member
    15+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I wouldn't worry about it. I went through the app process last year and found that MD schools usually got things decided first. I didn't send my secondary into my school until the last minute, and I was interviewed in February. I think it was late December or January when I got the app in. Just get things in as soon as possible and as long as you beat the deadline, don't worry! You do have a greater chance of being waitlisted with a later app. But don't worry-there's still hope! I was waitlisted before I got in. I finally learned that all the seats in my class had been given out before I even interviewed. So getting waitlisted was the best I could have hoped for! However, once people made up their minds, I got my place in the class. So best of luck to you and try to stay calm! It'll all be over soon!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TraumaDR

TraumaDR Member
    10+ Year Member

Green912,

I just received my OUCOM secondary. AACOM said that my stuff was sent Oct. 26th. Hopefully yours will be coming soon. Also did you apply to Wright State? I have yet to hear from them!!