panic!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtnrunr3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kay... getting a little worried here. Apparently the acceptance to DO schools happens much quicker than MD... and my realization that DO is right for me may have come too late! I have sent primaries to some schools, then at the last minute (a couple weeks ago) decided to send one to AZCOM. My secondary is sent to UNECOM, but I am waiting for the premed advisory committee to write my letter... and they are taking their sweet time b/c they dont realize that DO happens quicker... So, I guess my question is, should I worry? I hear AZCOM isnt doing anymore interviews til spring... so I guess that school is out. And lots of people are interviewing at UNECOM right now and my letters arent even in! Am I too late?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't get the feeling that DO schools are any faster or slower overall then MD. I had my AMCAS & AACOMAS apps finished at the same time and the first schools I heard from were MD. Still haven't heard from Ohio-UCOM. I think the difference in secondary processing speed is as different as the schools themselves. Good luck with your letter.

I wouldn't worry about it. I went through the app process last year and found that MD schools usually got things decided first. I didn't send my secondary into my school until the last minute, and I was interviewed in February. I think it was late December or January when I got the app in. Just get things in as soon as possible and as long as you beat the deadline, don't worry! You do have a greater chance of being waitlisted with a later app. But don't worry-there's still hope! I was waitlisted before I got in. I finally learned that all the seats in my class had been given out before I even interviewed. So getting waitlisted was the best I could have hoped for! However, once people made up their minds, I got my place in the class. So best of luck to you and try to stay calm! It'll all be over soon!

Green912,

I just received my OUCOM secondary. AACOM said that my stuff was sent Oct. 26th. Hopefully yours will be coming soon. Also did you apply to Wright State? I have yet to hear from them!!