Panicking because I realized I'm short 1 qtr of maths D:

snowglobe11

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys! This is my first thread here, and I felt compelled to ask around before I started calling schools/advisors/etc, buuuut...I realized I'm one quarter short of maths for some of the schools I'm applying to, namely Quinnipiac, Hofstra, possibly Stony Brook. I'm seeing that a lot of them require "2 semesters" which, having attended a quarter system school, I have not reached. I have AP credit for one maths course, and one psychology statistics course, so I'm thinking I need another course??

Is another statistics course at a community college a safe bet? Even though I already have a psych statistics course under my belt?

Should I email Hofstra (I already submitted their secondary) that I'm gonna take another maths class right now, or will they just take it in good faith that I'll do it if I get accepted or I forfeit my spot?? Should I wait until submitting the Quinnipiac secondary til I figure out when I can take the maths course or do I just submit it?

ANY HALP IS APPRECIATED!!! Thank you!

-Tweaked out premed

DrHart

5+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2013
Chicago
Status
Pre-Medical
Don't worry about it unless you are accepted. If you're already planning to take a CC math course, no worries. If not, you can always take a course to fulfill the requirement the summer before med school starts. Its a matriculation issue, not an acceptance issue.

OP
S

snowglobe11

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Don't worry about it unless you are accepted. If you're already planning to take a CC math course, no worries. If not, you can always take a course to fulfill the requirement the summer before med school starts. Its a matriculation issue, not an acceptance issue.
That is such a relief, thanks. I've been frantically searching up classes for this fall and wondering how on earth I would juggle it with my work schedule (EMT on a rotating biweekly schedule). Truly appreciate the response!

aaronrodgers

Quarterback, Super Bowl MVP, Future Hall of Famer
2+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2017
Green Bay, Wisconsin
www.nfl.com
Some schools require prereq done pretty early for matriculation status (June 1st for USUHS, so no summer to do a class). Temple requires all prereqs done before they will even review your application

About the Ads