Paper exchanging during exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistaporfavor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone who has taken the DAT explain what happens with scrap papers? I'm worried because I tend to write really big when I am taking exams/in a hurry... I probably use 4 sheets for math alone... Do I really have to raise my hand every time I run out of space on a single piece of paper?

Members don't see this ad.

You get two pieces of laminated paper--front and back. You have to raise your hand when you need more paper and they take away your two sheets and replace them with new ones. Some test centers take longer to change-out the papers, so I'd suggest raising your hand when you're about 3/4 done with a sheet rather than waiting until you're out of room

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately, yes. They're usually quick to switch it out for you.

I write the same way as you do when I'm pressed for time, but I practiced writing legibly and smaller for the DAT. It worked out alright; I wouldn't let this paper exchange process stress you out.
I talked to a student today and she stated her testing center told her to get up and go to the desk to get more..So maybe it is best to call your testing center..I have always been under the impression you just raised your hand, but like the DAT all testing centers are different.

Nancy

I talked to a student today and she stated her testing center told her to get up and go to the desk to get more..So maybe it is best to call your testing center..I have always been under the impression you just raised your hand, but like the DAT all testing centers are different.

Nancy
Thank you! I'll give them a call tomorrow~