Paragraph references in CARS Questions on the REAL MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyNameIsRobertPaulson

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All. I have been practicing CARS for a while now, and just recently doing some of the AAMC material. I have noticed many of the Qs in the AAMC OG exam and the AAMC Practice test provide specific paragraph references in the question.

However, in much of my study material, EK, nextStep, princeton, this was not the case. This makes the Qs a bit tougher, which I guess is good. But is the real MCAT like the practice stuff or the AAMC material? I have read in many threads that the OG is easy compared to the real exam people have seen, and the practice test is similarly easy to some.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE TAKEN THE REAL MCAT THIS YEAR

Did most of the CARS questions you saw on exam day tell you where to go to find info, or was it more vague/tougher?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Just took it today. A lot of questions did have a paragraph indication... ie. (paragraph 5) ... after a specific phrase or quote or something.

BUUUUUT... a lot of times they didn't either. It helps when it's there. But don't think they will always give you that indication.

Reactions: 1 user
It's a toss up. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

If they don't it's likely an important phrase or sentence that you should have highlighted/would be easy to find because it is so important to the passage.

I would say a good 1/3 of my CARS questions had at least a paragraph reference. I am a note taker for CARS so I usually found stuff when I needed it. I hated the new highlighting function on the MCAT. No more 1 click highlighting, so stupid.