Paramedic jobs in hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorHill

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently a paramedic working in the emergency room as a tech but I don't feel challenged and bored at times (have been working in the emergency room level 1 trauma for 6-7 years now).
Do you guys know of any other jobs I can get working in the hospital that might be interesting where they may take on paramedics?
I've been thinking about anesthesia tech (anyone who has done this is it fun/boring?) or cath lab tech but I think both those require certifications, though I've heard sometimes they take paramedics?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you ever worked on a truck?

No doubt you see a lot of cool stuff as an ED tech and get to start a lot of IV's, but you don't get to stretch your wings very much. Working in the field it's all on you to perform assessments, make clinical decisions, do procedures, administer meds. If you worked 911 prior to becoming an ED tech (I see you joined SDN in 2008!), maybe you could get involved in critical care transport?

If the hospital is tied to a university, they often offer tuition reimbursement if you want to get a BSN. That will not only challenge you, but provide you with career and salary growth.