Paramedics?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MUN2005, Aug 21, 2001.

1. MUN2005

MUN2005 Miner?

Hi,
    For anyone who has some Paramedic or EMT training: How did you manage to take courses while in University/College? The only courses that are available in my area(Nf,Can) are offered full time during the school year, I can't seem to find any night or summer courses. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    My EMT training was a 15-week course that took place on Saturdays and Sundays; nine hours every Saturday and occasionally a few hours on some Sundays. It was offered by the University of Alaska Fairbanks.

4. Sheri911

Sheri911 Junior Member

My paramedic training was done by a local trauma center and they offered the classes on fire dept. shift schedules...some of our local junior colleges offer classes which count as credit too here in TX..... :)

5. calaxer19

calaxer19 Senior Member

I just completed my EMT-B course and would like to know if there are opportunities to go beyond the Basic level (to I, or even P) during the school year.

For me, EMT-B was a summer course: 3-4 hours a class, twice a week, for 8 weeks. We also had 3, 8 hour Saturday classes. For Cali, the required number of class hours is 114; it varies from state to state.

6. Medic171

Medic171 Senior Member

Medical Student
    I did the paramedic training before I went to college.

7. MUN2005

MUN2005 Miner?

Thanks for the info people!