Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

paranoid question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by hellojed, Aug 19, 2001.

1. hellojed

hellojed Member

Hi everybody, I know this is a stupid, paranoid question, but I just can't help myself: Would it "look bad" to med schools that I will have to change my address two times in the past few days through AMCAS? I'd really appreciate any thoughts on this! Thanks! :confused:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member

I'm going to answer with another question. I want to change my address to my school address when I go back this week, but won't that push me further down the queue if I'm not processed yet? I submitted in June sometime, but then added an extracurricular on July 10, and now it says that's when I submitted, so I'm guessing it would read that I didn't submit until today if I change it again. At the same time, I want my info updated. What are you guys doing? Surely many people don't have the same address through the whole app process? Lots of us are students moving around, I would think. Please give advice.

4. hellojed

hellojed Member

grasshopper, the amcas person I talked to said that updating your info wouldn't push your position back. But that is only what she said and like everyone else said, don't assume anything with this process this year. Sorry I can't be of more help! :(

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member

If you're moving around that much, I wouldn't do a change every time. Just make sure they have a permanent address and (message)phone number where they can reach you. You know how much they try to reach us anyway! As long as you can get your secondaries that are mailed out from your permanent address, it wouldn't be a problem. As far as moving around a lot looking bad to medschools, I really don't think they'd care or need to know or want to know.
    Grasshopper, I would call AMCAS and try to have your date submitted changed back to when you actually submitted -- it's not supposed to change when you make corrections/additions to your app. I have made several, and it's stayed them same, and AMCAS has assured me that my place in line stays the same.