Parent info on AMCAS - important?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foreverLaur

MSN, RN, CNE
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was in putting my parent information on there and I am not sure what to put for my mother. She is an LPN (licensed practical nurse), but that isn't an option so I put 'other licensed healthcare professional' or something similar.

However, under education it goes from 'high school' to 'some college.'

Neither apply. The program she did was through high school. They had local professors from a wide variety of schools come and teach through a local high school. Instead of attending regular high school for her last two years, she attended nursing school through the high school. She then received her licensing as an LPN along with her high school diploma. There really isn't an option for that - if I do some college they want me to pick the name of the college and she didn't attend a college. On the other hand, she did more than just high school...

Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it makes much of a difference. I would just put high school. If your really worried about it, try to incorporate your mom's profession into your personal statement just to let the adcoms know she is a nurse. Hope that helps.

Yeh, that does seem like an unusual situation. I doubt it will make very much difference though. But if you can always contact the AMCAS people for a more definite answer.

Yeh, that does seem like an unusual situation. I doubt it will make very much difference though. But if you can always contact the AMCAS people for a more definite answer.

i already did - they were just as clueless as i am. i was hoping someone on here had a better idea :)