Parents at interviews?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by darly, Dec 10, 1999.

1. darly

darly Member

I was just wondering if it would be appropriate to take parents to the interviews. My mom will be going with me. I would really like her to see the campus. However, I don't want to seem less mature or less independent than other candidates (since I am already a young applicant). Any reply will be greatly appreciated [​IMG]

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Bren

Bren Member

My mom came with me to my interview at Tulane. We explored New Orleans for three days and had a great "girls-weekend-out". We explored the school together before the interview day. I wouldn't bring your parents to the actual interview. You want to appear to be independent, confident, ect.
    Just my thoughts.

4. OMD 2

OMD 2 Member

I echo the advice tendered by Bren.

------------------
    Old Man Dave
    KCOM, Class of 2003

Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained!!

5. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member

Hangin' with mom (or dad)and showing her the campus is one thing, but don't take either of them to the actual interview. If you were applying for a job would you take your parents to the interview?

------------------
    DocGibby
    MSUCOM class of 2004

6. darly

darly Member

Oh no... I wasn't about to take my mom to the actual interview. I was wondering if I could take her on the tour that will be given by a student before the interview. I think they will be having a little orientation... the director of admission's speech, etc... Is it appropriate to take her to the orientation and on the tour? Since school will be starting, I don't have time to stay in the area for more than a day. So, there won't be time to show her around afterwards. Thank you for the replies [​IMG]

7. rhillstr

rhillstr Senior Member

I say no because the tour leads right to the interview or vice-versa. Go to the campus a day early with your folks and ask the nice folks in admissions to look around or have someone show you. They should help you, no prob. and you don't lose face.